PDA

View Full Version : xpowerforums

Nats Whiskas
11-04-10, 05:17 PM
Rite im probs gonna get a grilling for this but....

Went on to introduce my self last night to to check out another forum, and said in passing that i was a member of this forum. Within minutes of posting it my thread had been edited, and instead of saying that i was a member of themgzs.co.uk and was wanting to check out other forums, it simply stated that i was a member of another forum :wacko:

Any1 shed anylight as to why this is?

Sorry if i have stirred up some shctum but am just curious, thats all :smile1:

Supercharged_Z
11-04-10, 05:25 PM
the forum is heavyly modified now, and they dont want to lose more people as they have been recently (IMO) so by edditing the url you posted they wouldnt have anybody comming to look.

The main person on that site visits here regularly and often looks at every new member that joins up.

i left as a regular of XPF for over modderating, i only use it for personal benifit such as for sale threads etc to be honest the grass was much greener, i dont think i ever see a out of control thread on here, it almost happens weekly over there... if not more

Jay-ZS+
11-04-10, 05:31 PM
i ever see a out of control thread on here, it almost happens weekly over there... if not more

that'll be on a good week too :judge::judge:

Maxxed_Ross
11-04-10, 05:56 PM
yes that's perfectly normal over there.

There is alot of good info over there - but the site changed hands a few years ago, alot of the original members with alot of knowledge left and it's never been the same since.

It's funny how moderating can be very heavy handed on simple stuff, but arguments and fights are often left to carry on for days

Bobdope2002
11-04-10, 06:06 PM
rubbish forum full of idiots and willy wangers

MG6Turbo
11-04-10, 06:28 PM
XPF has certainly changed, and to be fair, its not the same place as it used to be.

Its a shame. But it is what it is.

But then we wouldnt be here if it was !!!

I believe that a forum should be a happy place and any gripes should be discussed through private messaging.

G

Glen290
11-04-10, 06:30 PM
even though im a member on XPF, still prefer here, only log into to there to read the arguments and bickereing, makes me laugh how people can be such arses

SheppeyTrio
11-04-10, 07:18 PM
I went on there a little while ago and introduced ourselves and so far they haven't edited my post, i mention this forum and .org!! LoL

ZS
11-04-10, 07:57 PM
I went on there a little while ago and introduced ourselves and so far they haven't edited my post, i mention this forum and .org!! LoL

XPF and .org are the same forum aren't they :p

I'll clarify... when I left XPF a few years back it was because Steve - owner of .org - brought XPF... a lot of bridges burnt back then!

I went back on there when a member (and friend) went missing a lil while back... posted on a thread about the "old crew" meeting up again (I made a lot of good friends back then... would be good to catch up) their attitude was that "us oldies" should not come back and post and that the thread should be closed as it was with the "new" people now... Can't remember the actual wording but I havn't gone back over there since...

I spend most of my forum time reading here and BCF... although that place has gone very very quiet recently!

Ritchy
11-04-10, 08:03 PM
hey this threads crap cuz its bitchyness:P:L

stamford
11-04-10, 08:21 PM
I'm past worrying now, I think we have established ourselves in the community for what we do and how we get along. As you say we try not to moderate too much as generally we all get along and are grown up enough to know when to stop or indeed not to start something. (unless your name is Tim ;))

Bobdope2002
11-04-10, 09:49 PM
Shut it grandad :p

stamford
12-04-10, 07:33 AM
Shut it grandad :p

You see, no respect for their elders this little runts!

StragglaSteve
12-04-10, 08:13 AM
i love lamp! :fun:

ZS
12-04-10, 08:19 AM
i love lamp! :fun:

LAMP? Linux Apache MySQL PHP ??

You G33K!! :group:

StragglaSteve
12-04-10, 09:59 AM
LAMP? Linux Apache MySQL PHP ??

You G33K!! :group:

LMAO!?! wtf is that?

you are the geek sir!! :geek:

i was just quoteing brick from the ever so funny film Anchor Man ;)

ZS
12-04-10, 12:25 PM
LMAO!?! wtf is that?

you are the geek sir!! :geek:

i was just quoteing brick from the ever so funny film Anchor Man ;)

Its a specific way of setting up a Linux server...

And yes, I am a Geek :p - No Argument there ;)

Bobdope2002
12-04-10, 02:08 PM
You see, no respect for their elders this little runts!

Innit Fo Shizzle AYEE