PDA

View Full Version : Selling 180's

Bobdope2002
14-04-10, 03:35 PM
Realisticly how much are they worth if The cambelts need doing.....

im weighing up the pros and cons of keeping it as it sits outside my house doing nothing now.....and i cant see the point of something worth so much just sitting theyre doing nothing

MG6Turbo
14-04-10, 03:43 PM
Well you need to knock £500.00 off realistically.

Bilbos car was low mileage with lots of mods and slight damage and that made £2500.00

Waks car that was an 05 plate with subtle mods and fsh and new clutch and belts done with 104kmiles got 2k.

The zs mk2 we had with replacement plenum, 40k miles and belts done but needing some tidying up made £1600.00

You just need to do the maths really from that !

G

Bobdope2002
14-04-10, 03:59 PM
Cheers G Good to come from someone in the know

i wouldnt let it go for anything less than 2.5k if i did sell it...

thing is would people even be interested in 180's when the Tax is so high and fuel is just ridiculous at the moment

Always said id keep it for ever but im sort of in the same situation as Ross here having the ZS sat theyre doing nothing when its worth money to me and fun to someone else

HMMMMMMM DILEMMA

MG6Turbo
14-04-10, 04:02 PM
I doubt very much you would get £2500.00 for it in its present state.

So best keeping it.

G

R8NMG
14-04-10, 04:09 PM
I'm sure it will worth more than £2.5k even touching £3k if not more. Those people are selling it on a cheap. If I'm selling and the cam belts not done I wouldn't deduct £500 off the asking price.

dvid
14-04-10, 04:11 PM
I agree, those sold prices are really v low, plenty selling for considerably more than that

Bobdope2002
14-04-10, 04:11 PM
I doubt very much you would get £2500.00 for it in its present state.

So best keeping it.

G

Its had New Seats in it and its had a damned good clean since you last saw it just needs the bumper spraying up.... id do it myself but not enough experience and would probs make it worse

If it wudnt get 2.5k then id have to keep it as id stand to loose nearly 5k on it in three years too much of a loss to me.....shame thats the only downfall of owning an old Rover nowadays (thats How much Times Have Changed I Used To go mad At people for calling it a Rover now i just dunna care :laugh: )

******* Gordon Brown And his damned bankers.... if they hadnt fucked the damned country up id be still in my high paying job and none of this would be neccersary

best go get the garage swept out for its new friend for the next so many months

Jay-ZS+
14-04-10, 04:20 PM
thing is would people even be interested in 180's when the Tax is so high and fuel is just ridiculous at the moment

Trouble is tax and petrol will only go up and the car will get older. Also with the possiblity of the £400 not off the cards can see a rise in the number of 180s that will end up as track toys.

Bobdope2002
14-04-10, 04:31 PM
Trouble is tax and petrol will only go up and the car will get older. Also with the possiblity of the £400 not off the cards can see a rise in the number of 180s that will end up as track toys.

thats what i mean mate are people gonna think thats the case......

Id never track mine because 1) I dont think im a good enough driver to go onto a track and 2) why strip down such a nice car unless its written off

Spose i will just have to see how much the taxman decides to gove me back on payday......

Southside_ZS
14-04-10, 04:51 PM
Someone with the same dilemma as me. My 180's been sitting on my inlaws drive for past month and a half since tax ran out. Cant decide weather to try and sell it or keep it till its worthless.

Dan1971
14-04-10, 05:28 PM
Taken a deposit on mine and it's getting collected by a Scottish guy on Saturday. There are plenty of buyers out there who will see a late reg plate and just buy it without knowing about vis - plenum - belts issues. Only guys and gals that frequent these forums will know all the pros and cons.

Price it up free on PH and see what happens ... what is there to lose ? There might be someone out there who's after the car you've got - close to where you live - and that's all that's needed.

My guy is coming hundreds of miles because it's a red hatch with alcantara.

You never know -

Bobdope2002
14-04-10, 05:32 PM
i dont want to sell it mate i really really dont

but its a lot of car to be sat theyre doing nout when im earning min wage and cant afford the petrol or tax

Uve sold this one too hahaha what ya getting next????

Dan1971
14-04-10, 06:45 PM
i dont want to sell it mate i really really dont

but its a lot of car to be sat theyre doing nout when im earning min wage and cant afford the petrol or tax

Uve sold this one too hahaha what ya getting next????

Focus diesel mate .... :(

Needs must and all that.

stamford
14-04-10, 06:53 PM
I'm not surprised as I saw the zed on ebay being touted!

Ritchy
14-04-10, 07:00 PM
s o much for keping it your such a whore dan

Bobdope2002
14-04-10, 07:06 PM
Focus diesel mate .... :(

Needs must and all that.

have you taken that other job then??

Dan1971
14-04-10, 07:18 PM
Yep, I've moved stations. Now rather than do 3 miles to the rail station I'm doing 40 a day. It's a great offer from the father-in-law so yep.....I'm out of the zs owners club.

Jay-ZS+
14-04-10, 10:48 PM
Yep, I've moved stations. Now rather than do 3 miles to the rail station I'm doing 40 a day. It's a great offer from the father-in-law so yep.....I'm out of the zs owners club for the time being.

edit , it wont be long Dan :)

archermav
18-04-10, 12:26 PM
Dan,
if I may ask, what did you get for it? I have also changed nicks, and now I can walk to work. This means I do not not need such a sensible car as the 180. Just wondering what to do next.

Dan1971
18-04-10, 02:26 PM
Dan,
if I may ask, what did you get for it? I have also changed nicks, and now I can walk to work. This means I do not not need such a sensible car as the 180. Just wondering what to do next.

£4K.

1st time I've heard the 180 as a sensible car too !

daytona365
18-04-10, 05:28 PM
Dont sell the ZS!!! Its a future classic, the 180 is a joy to own, if it gets a bit expensive then just budget round it. I earn next to nothing but will never sell mine. Bread and cheese will keep my belly full, as I drive my Z.

archermav
18-04-10, 06:35 PM
£4K.

1st time I've heard the 180 as a sensible car too !

Cheers, I was thinking about £3200-£3500 for mine. Will put 12 months ticket on and just recently had four new tyres.

Just not sure really. May be sacrilege on this site, but having owned numerous cosworths over the years I am getting the itch for another(hence the 180 being the sensible option)

Maxfly
18-04-10, 07:18 PM
Cheers, I was thinking about £3200-£3500 for mine. Will put 12 months ticket on and just recently had four new tyres.

Just not sure really. May be sacrilege on this site, but having owned numerous cosworths over the years I am getting the itch for another(hence the 180 being the sensible option)

lol, wi that past car history fair enough to say the 180's the sensible option:)

dvid
18-04-10, 07:42 PM
4K is a good price Dan :)

Dan1971
18-04-10, 08:47 PM
4K is a good price Dan :)

It was a good car mate .... But yes, it was a good price. Another guy from Cheshire was gonna give £4150 for it if I delivered it. Took the easier option.

I think that decent photos and a good write up will get a buyer. I got about 4 offers above £3500 via ebay and had 4 people contact me via the PH advert - another one today offering the same amount.

Like I said earlier in this thread - if you've got a good car and present it well - there are buyers out there. Pricing it cheap isn't always the way to get a buyer as alarm bells start ringing.

Bobdope2002
28-04-10, 04:00 PM
oh well ive just taxed it for another 6 months looks like its staying with me for a while longer :D

p_b82
28-04-10, 04:18 PM
I bet you are so upset about that :D