PDA

View Full Version : Any experiance with this lot?

Nats Whiskas
14-04-10, 11:09 PM
Hey people

Just been surfing the web and came across www.mobileecuremapping.co.uk. Apperntly they come to you and do it at your house.

Anybody have ant experiance with them? Seems like a good idea once i get the project done, but wanna make sure everything is ok before i do!

Cheers

Nutter

Jay-ZS+
14-04-10, 11:16 PM
Will be a standard map, nothing special, need a RR to map a car properly cant see them setting one of those up on your drive lol.

Better off going to see Matt Reidy will get a much better suited map for the car.

Jay-ZS+
14-04-10, 11:17 PM
But if your fiting a vvc ECU and the engine is standard theres no need for a remap?!

Nats Whiskas
14-04-10, 11:28 PM
no no no no no no no no no no no no no on no and noooo im fitting a whole vvc engine mate, not just the ecu haha and 52 mm throttle and body and a couple of induction kits!!

Jay-ZS+
14-04-10, 11:58 PM
Yer that's my point your fitting a standard vvc engine and ecu no need far mapping.

ZS Phil
15-04-10, 09:08 AM
It's the 143 bhp vvc engine so there IS need for a remap to see 158 bhp. "a couple of induction kits" are you drunk nat? Lol
as said go down to matt, get the real deal and do the job properly.

Jay-ZS+
15-04-10, 09:26 AM
Fit a 160 ECU then with the manis and throttle body will see the 160, much cheaper.

Tony10
15-04-10, 10:33 AM
I thougth a mems 3 ECU was not mapable. Thats why rover vvc engine rune emeralad dta ecu's?

p_b82
15-04-10, 10:36 AM
mems3 is not 'easily' mappable to my knowledge....

As i understand it Rally_Matt knows the guy that wrote the original maps and has the software to update it properly - i am sure there was a thread on XPF where a guy upgraded his ZR from a 1.4 to a 1.6 and had it remapped by the guy...

ZS Phil
15-04-10, 12:44 PM
Just been reading a thread on another forum and it appears that only the very late mgf vvcs came with mems3 ECUs. Prior to this it was MEMS2 which is not re-mappable.
Thinking about it nat it would make sense to find a ZR 160 ECU and have done with it, that way you wont have to fork out for a remap and you could sell on the MGF ECU.

The only issue I can think of is will a 160 ECU be compatible with an earlier 143 engine in terms of wiring and sensors etc? Also will the 5AS need to be replaced or will a ZR 160 ECU work with the 5AS which is currently in the ZS 120?

Nats Whiskas
15-04-10, 07:38 PM
It's the 143 bhp vvc engine so there IS need for a remap to see 158 bhp. "a couple of induction kits" are you drunk nat? Lol
as said go down to matt, get the real deal and do the job properly.

I think i really should start going to some A.A meetings mate. What i actually meant was a couple of inductions MODS including A Throttle Body.

:oops::oops::oops:

TurboZed
18-04-10, 12:03 AM
Just been reading a thread on another forum and it appears that only the very late mgf vvcs came with mems3 ECUs. Prior to this it was MEMS2 which is not re-mappable.
Thinking about it nat it would make sense to find a ZR 160 ECU and have done with it, that way you wont have to fork out for a remap and you could sell on the MGF ECU.

The only issue I can think of is will a 160 ECU be compatible with an earlier 143 engine in terms of wiring and sensors etc? Also will the 5AS need to be replaced or will a ZR 160 ECU work with the 5AS which is currently in the ZS 120?

If you change the ECU you need to swap the 5as and the blippers that came with it. (well thats the easiest way to do it! LOL)