PDA

View Full Version : Tonight was the night...

arwilson80
19-04-10, 08:37 PM
...the clutch finally gave up and went out with a bang. :rant: Dropped right to the floor!

Thankfully i had recovery with Santander / Green Flag and got recovered home for free.

Just waiting on 'Sheddist' to get back to me now.

Maxfly
19-04-10, 09:38 PM
bummer it went, least you had recovery though:) Yep the sheddist kit is the way forward far superior system!!

Nor
19-04-10, 09:40 PM
Unlucky mate :( Did you feel it coming for a while?

Southside_ZS
19-04-10, 10:01 PM
How can you tell when its going? so i know what to look out for? Mine bites pretty high but dones't slip in the slightest even if you try and pull away in 5th

Maxfly
19-04-10, 10:38 PM
How can you tell when its going? so i know what to look out for? Mine bites pretty high but dones't slip in the slightest even if you try and pull away in 5th

It can creak when you press the pedal, feeling spongy, problems getting car into gear and sometimes a bit of slippage:)

stamford
20-04-10, 07:26 AM
Sometimes there is no knowing when it is going to go, otherwise we would be buying the kits in advance. Mine felt a bit notchy for about a mile then bang, the pedal dropped to the floor and that was the end of the slave. The collar snapped clean off the slave and that was me finished as I was 20 miles from home.

I found my clutch slipping this morning as I took the zed to work for a change, I reckon the pushrod is too tight on the arm and requires a couple of mm filing off. I had to remove 6mm when I fitted mine as the slave would not fit the bracket mounts. I'm tempted to modify the arm to accept an adjustable clevis and thread the pushrod to give some adjustment.

arwilson80
20-04-10, 08:39 AM
Mine felt notchy on the way to work... thought nothing much of it other than 'go into gear...!

Came out to go home from work, clutch in... and bang - right to the floor and right away i knew what it was. :(

stamford
20-04-10, 12:42 PM
Always an opportune moment! Mine was uphill towards a traffic light junction, luckily for me it had turned green when mine let go as I was changing to 2nd and as I passed the lights it was downhill and the layby was clear!

arwilson80
20-04-10, 01:18 PM
If i had got to the motorway i think i could've made it home with no clutch. ;) Although on the other hand maybe it's good i didn't.

Earliest Sheddist will have a kit is the end of next week. :(

stamford
20-04-10, 01:24 PM
Better late than never Alan, it'll be well worth the wait. When fitting it take your time and be thorough, no point in rushing such a job.

arwilson80
20-04-10, 01:51 PM
I will have a try and depending on how it goes initially i may just put in a 'Help' call with the mechanic.

stamford
20-04-10, 02:06 PM
Nigel's kit is quite comprehensive, comes with a CD detailing the instructions. Only thing you will need will be fluid and bleed kit for the system. Three year old fingers also help for getting to the master fixings! The only tricky thing is routing the copper pipe from master to slave and ensuring it looks good!

arwilson80
20-04-10, 02:47 PM
Three year old fingers also help for getting to the master fixings!

In that case i'll need a minimum of 45 months to get it fitted. :p

Bobdope2002
20-04-10, 03:09 PM
Completley changes the clutch mate it feels like a brand new car again