PDA

View Full Version : Good news

starfire039
21-04-10, 05:13 PM
I had a phone call today discussing my options to return to my old place of work over summer. Everybody's happy, and I just need to sign the dotted line now.

Why am I posting this here? Well, I will now have the funds to get my beloved car back on the road, and I don't have to sell it anymore. :weakbench::tease::mml::mml::mml:

So when I'm back, I'll have a laguna splitter waiting for me to put on, the rear will be stripped out again, rear windows tinted, strut brace added, lowered, de catted, dual exit exhaust. And last but not least- site stickers! Glad she never went, although I made a half arsed attempt to sell her anyway. It's proven reliable for the time I've had it, so makes more sense than selling and buying something else that could be potential trouble.

I'm back in the club alright. See you all at the next meet! :mml:

Ritchy
21-04-10, 05:16 PM
nice one

Phate
21-04-10, 06:47 PM
Dude, you suck at picking up on fake phone calls ;)

peterzs
21-04-10, 06:53 PM
Looking forward to the next meet, glad its all worked out OK.

:):):):):pepsi::pepsi:

Maxfly
21-04-10, 09:37 PM
top news look forward to seeing progress pics now ;) :D

grimmy
21-04-10, 09:39 PM
Good to see another getting back on the road where it belongs

Jay-ZS+
21-04-10, 10:49 PM
Nice one steve always a relief to get summer work all helps top the old bank account up and great to hear the Zed will be getting some treats.

stamford
22-04-10, 07:41 AM
Pleased for you Steve, well done mate. :thumbsup:

starfire039
22-04-10, 05:23 PM
Thanks everyone! She'll be looking real pretty this summer that's for sure! Back to her former glory last year!
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1778/stevewyersmgzs003.jpg

Bobdope2002
22-04-10, 05:25 PM
As one goes back on the road one is taken off the Road

mine is officialy without insurance or tax :(

starfire039
22-04-10, 05:29 PM
:( what are you going to do, downsize? I'd go for the diesel ZS if I was buying now.

grimmy
22-04-10, 05:31 PM
As one goes back on the road one is taken off the Road

mine is officialy without insurance or tax :(
Misery, feel for you Tim maybe you will get the cash to get her back on the road soon.

Bobdope2002
22-04-10, 06:21 PM
:( what are you going to do, downsize? I'd go for the diesel ZS if I was buying now.

I dunno what im gonna do buddy.... ive always sed id keep it but with the way things are looking i just cant justify owning something so nice and so dear to maintain (petrol insurance tax etc)....Ive had a banging headache for the past 3 days dunno if its worry or im coming down with sommat

Boot Hill Bandit
22-04-10, 07:18 PM
I dunno what im gonna do buddy.... ive always sed id keep it but with the way things are looking i just cant justify owning something so nice and so dear to maintain (petrol insurance tax etc)....Ive had a banging headache for the past 3 days dunno if its worry or im coming down with sommat

Tax just cost me £245 for a year and fuel is bloody expensive!!!! BUT.......never give up! Get a decent LPG conversion and it will be like running a cheap runaround for a car again. Worth spending £2000 surely on the credit card and paying it off over half a year and cashing in on cheap fuel.

Jim

starfire039
22-04-10, 09:30 PM
Agreed with jimbo on this one, if I had the immediate funds available I'd be converting to LPG. At this moment when fuel prices are at a high I'm glad I have my 120. Not bad at all on fuel. LPG will be something I'll look at when I finish uni, as I intend to keep my car until she's dead and gone, so I'll get my moneys worth.

Perhaps it would make sense to put up for sale Tim, depending on condition, I'd say go for £3500 asking price if it's in okay nick, then go for a mark 1 diesel, look for one for like £2000, or if funds are really bad, I was going to go for a Rover 45 diesel, spend about a grand - £1500. You're saving a couple of grand, and obviously fuel, tax and insurance costs. Obviously you're not going to have such power, but that's what I would do. Or go for an old banger :D or walk, or buy a motorbike.

But don't listen to me, do what you think is best!

p_b82
22-04-10, 09:40 PM
Congrats on the job and everything, bet that is a relief for you...

but as to sell or keep the car, if it is sorned and has no insurance then it is currently not costing a thing to run - When your funds allow get it taxed and tested on a on a limited mileage policy - that way you can take it out every-now and again to remind you why you fell in love with it in the first place....

I have a feeling you would regret selling it if you get forced into it though.

Marky Mark
23-04-10, 11:22 AM
Nice to hear you are keeping the zed Steve, the car looks fantastic, be great to see with all the bits done to your car and the buckets all installed!

Know what you mean about the lpg conversion have thought about it, but it's alot of money to fork out, I don't do much mileage so wouldn't be worthwhile for myself.

I'm not letting this government spoil our fun!! ;)

starfire039
02-05-10, 12:08 AM
The car will be back on the road on Thursday. Booking it in for a decat on monday. Any Kent'ers want to meet up?

I sobbed like a little girl when I SORN'd it, so I'm pretty happy right now! Going to order my site stickers now. :)