PDA

View Full Version : Not Bloody Happy!!!

SheppeyTrio
28-04-10, 09:58 PM
As it says in the title, i'm not very happy!! Some little s.h.i.t. has just tried breaking into my car!! :mad: :rant: They've put a stone through the passengers side window!! The :police: have been called, been and gone! They've taken the stone away for forensics but i'm not holding out too much hope on that one!! Luckily nothing taken but this means i'm gonna have to get the window done asap!! I've gotta check my insurance as to the excess but i might just go to the scrappy to get a second hand one! Do hatchbacks windows fit saloons??

Stephen
28-04-10, 10:05 PM
Yes. all windows are the same. Hatch and Saloon also 400's 45's and honda civics are the same too.

Ritchy
28-04-10, 10:06 PM
thats ****, yes they do, youde be best to do it yourself to save your excess, is sheppey an island? surely they couldnt get very far? keep an eye out theyll probs be back

SheppeyTrio
28-04-10, 10:12 PM
is sheppey an island? surely they couldnt get very far? keep an eye out theyll probs be back

Yes m8, it is an island but it's a relatively large one!! Severely thinking of putting a decent cctv system up to cover the cars and gardens!!

tb steve
28-04-10, 10:20 PM
tossers keep your window open as said they may be back late on

im going down the breakers tomorrow in strood so will keep an eye out for ya if you cant find one

will-w
28-04-10, 10:55 PM
Aren't your windows tinted? If so it'll be a bitch to get a new one tinted to the same level!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-4g-Wireless-Colour-Indoor-Outdoor-Video-CCTV-Camera-/390154706288?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item5ad7085d70#ht_4104wt_939 - Not sure how good it'll be, but might be worth investing in this & a old video recorder or cheap dvd recorder?

SheppeyTrio
28-04-10, 10:56 PM
tossers keep your window open as said they may be back late on

im going down the breakers tomorrow in strood so will keep an eye out for ya if you cant find one

Thanx m8, will phone some local scrappies tom and see if they got any!!

Jay-ZS+
28-04-10, 11:06 PM
thats ****, yes they do, youde be best to do it yourself to save your excess, is sheppey an island? surely they couldnt get very far? keep an eye out theyll probs be back

Lol the UK is an island and thats a pretty big place :ohmy:
Sorry to pick up on your posts tonite richy ive just got in from work pissed and they amuse me :laugh:

Gutted about your car mate, Least its still there and its only just a window, there was nothing in the car they fancied was there?

Since living in bristol I sleep with the window open and my car is parked directly below any noise in the street and I freeze, Guess Ive been used to the car being out of site kinnda parnoid.

Smokey
28-04-10, 11:09 PM
They wont get any evidence from the stone unless they bled on it I'm afraid.

Zippy Saloon
29-04-10, 05:53 AM
They wont get any evidence from the stone unless they bled on itCan always hope, unless it came with instructions I can't see them being able to use something so technical without injury!

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 06:00 AM
Lol the UK is an island and thats a pretty big place :ohmy:
Sorry to pick up on your posts tonite richy ive just got in from work pissed and they amuse me :laugh:

Gutted about your car mate, Least its still there and its only just a window, there was nothing in the car they fancied was there?

Since living in bristol I sleep with the window open and my car is parked directly below any noise in the street and I freeze, Guess Ive been used to the car being out of site kinnda parnoid.

I think they were after my satnav! The stupid thing is it's been in there for bloody ages and all of a sudden someone must have noticed it!!

Aren't your windows tinted? If so it'll be a bitch to get a new one tinted to the same level!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-4g-Wireless-Colour-Indoor-Outdoor-Video-CCTV-Camera-/390154706288?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item5ad7085d70#ht_4104wt_939 - Not sure how good it'll be, but might be worth investing in this & a old video recorder or cheap dvd recorder?

Yep they are tinted, i know of a pretty good place on the island that does the tinting, i'm sure they could get pretty close!!
And i'll have a look at those m8, thanks!

They wont get any evidence from the stone unless they bled on it I'm afraid.

Yeah, i know. But it's worth a try, i know it's highly unlikely!! But hey, gotta give it a go!

stamford
29-04-10, 07:20 AM
Sorry to hear this, the scum!

As for it being an island after last nights news I guess everyone knows about it now after that daft tw@t of a boat owner! :laugh:

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 07:32 AM
Sorry to hear this, the scum!

As for it being an island after last nights news I guess everyone knows about it now after that daft tw@t of a boat owner! :laugh:

Yeah, i saw this as well. Fancy trying to navigate a boat with a road atlas!! IDIOT!!! LoL

R8NMG
29-04-10, 08:15 AM
Presume the alarm went off? Did the glass shattered or did the tint film held out abit?

Maxfly
29-04-10, 08:24 AM
thievin f**kwits, be good to catch em and stick the c**ts heids through a windae!! least nowt was taken an should be an easy an cheap fix:)

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 08:37 AM
Presume the alarm went off? Did the glass shattered or did the tint film held out abit?

Yes and yes. The alarm went and i heard a motorbike, scrambler sounding ride off! Yes the tint held pretty much all of it together!

p_b82
29-04-10, 09:11 AM
cost me £50 to get my window replaced through insurance last time some little scrote broke into my car.

That wasn't the ZS though and it was about 6 years ago now.

PS - it is better than them punching a hole in the door skin or bending the top out - as they did to my 205 as well!

peterzs
29-04-10, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage, if the dogs dont eat the seats, its worth leaving one of the dogs in the back seat.

The killer Rottweiler one!!!

Just seen this, http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/castleford-motor-spares__W0QQ_armrsZ1

If you cant find anything local.

;););)

tb steve
29-04-10, 10:46 AM
Thanx m8, will phone some local scrappies tom and see if they got any!!

sorry i did not go to the breakers for a battery i got a new one insted

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 10:47 AM
sorry i did not go to the breakers for a battery i got a new one insted

no worries m8!

Marky Mark
29-04-10, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear your car was broken into Chris, have you been to the breakers in Sittingbourne to get the glass, I went to the Bobbing one a couple of weeks ago and they had a couple of ZS's in there then.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon mate, give me a shout if you need a hand. :thumbsup:

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 11:56 AM
Thought i'd post some pics of the damage! Glad the windows are tinted!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/1252bte.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/x3wjo5.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/24d0di0.jpg

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear your car was broken into Chris, have you been to the breakers in Sittingbourne to get the glass, I went to the Bobbing one a couple of weeks ago and they had a couple of ZS's in there then.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon mate, give me a shout if you need a hand. :thumbsup:

No not yet, been a little busy and i'm broke at the mo! Hopefully my arse of a boss should be putting some money into my bank account today! So will give them a ring l8r! Luckily we have Tracey's car to get around in!!

stamford
29-04-10, 12:14 PM
I had the rear glass on our Picasso broke, 5pm on Sat afternoon on a busy street! That made a right mess.

KevG
29-04-10, 12:27 PM
Thought i'd post some pics of the damage! Glad the windows are tinted!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/1252bte.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/x3wjo5.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/24d0di0.jpg

I would Advise to sellotape a sheet to the door frame and to the door card that way as soon as you open the door it wont collapse and will make it easier to remove all the shards.

R8NMG
29-04-10, 01:29 PM
Glad the windows are tinted!!

I have tinted windows, yes they do look good but one of the very main reason to tint my windows is this sort of thing happening. At least it makes it slightly more difficult for the scums. Nice to see the tints held out.

SheppeyTrio
29-04-10, 04:03 PM
Just phoned Bobbin Breakers near Sittingbourne and they have some ZS's and 45's there. The glass is gonna cost me £25 which i didn't think was too bad! Hope to go get it tom or Sat!?

Marky Mark
30-04-10, 10:52 AM
Hey nice one mate glad you have found the replacement glass.

Do you know someone that can tint the window for you also? :cool2:

SheppeyTrio
30-04-10, 02:21 PM
Went and got the glass from the scrappy today, aiming to change it at over the weekend coz it look like it's gonna rain! Not sure if i'm gonna need to get it tinted coz they're factory tinted already and not sure if Owen (previous owner) tinted the fronts or not yet!

SheppeyTrio
30-04-10, 03:48 PM
Just cleaned the new glass up and it looks like i won't need to get it tinted, looks like it was a standard tint that held the glass together!! I'm happier now!!!

talkingcars
30-04-10, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

When the drivers door glass failed on my ZS in January (combination of bent runner and the coldest day of the winter) the glass didn't hold togeather like that, having seen your pictures I tempted to get them done, even if it is clear, I've been planning to do the back ones anyway.

SheppeyTrio
01-05-10, 04:12 PM
Have sorted this now, any posting pics in another area!