PDA

View Full Version : Ratlling Vibration from NS/REAR pillar ??

BUCKYDEVIL
30-04-10, 09:19 PM
Driving today I thought something was loose in my boot as there was a very noticable rattling noise, so seperated the scooter from the skateboard and tool kit from jack (first two arent mine) Honest!!!:unsure:
Drove a short distance home and could still hear it so emtied boot turned on ignition and still have a rattle.. put my ear to the body work and it's definately from the nearside rear pillar, from inside the boot all I could feel in that area was an inflated plastic bag which I can only guess is for some sort of sound proofing(if not what's it for ?).
My daughter , Poor Bethany has said she has heard it for ages as it's right at her booster seat.
Anyone got any Ideas as to what can be the cause .?

andys1981
01-05-10, 12:08 AM
parcel shelve maybe mate,defo comin from there aye

Zippy Saloon
01-05-10, 05:09 AM
Had a rattle at the back of mine (is yours a saloon too? not sure from avvi) and it was one of the rear pillar trims, was just about touching glass. Popped it off and stuck some foamo on the back.
High level brake light was also rattling at one point, gave that the same treatment.

talkingcars
01-05-10, 07:50 AM
Turn the stereo up and buy Bethany an iPod.

KevG
01-05-10, 10:09 AM
It will be the rear pillar trim, the clips rattle on the metal, take it off shim with some foam tape and clip back in place..

rbull51
01-05-10, 10:41 AM
Im not sure it is quite the same but i have a saloon andi have got a strange noise coming from the rear boot area somewhere when i go over certain types of road surfaces. It sounds like it could be the rear wheel arch liner but have had a mess around and it still makes the noise!!! I cant find it... :(

acemodder
01-05-10, 03:40 PM
Odd, I have a mk1 and I have had the same issue, but due to my sub in the boot and love of dance music I rarely hear it :)

Ritchy
01-05-10, 06:48 PM
i haver a squeking noise too, which seems to come on randomley, it disapeered for more than a year then came back, the first time it did it i had the full backend out my car, like everything, no seats, no shelf cover, no boot trims, still doing it, then i got a new bumper on the back and it stopped, and its been doing it again recently but i know my rear bumpers loose at the bottom bit so going to sort that see if it cures it, but it definatly sounds like its inside, and its not the c pillar trims because i took them out.. dont know, on my list of things to find out