PDA

View Full Version : a tail of caution or stupidity , depends how you see it lol

fastmike
06-05-10, 05:06 AM
My wife has her own income and is notorious for saving money , at present she has a 1.4 Corsa which she complains about 36 MPG, £125 annual road tax etc so I decide to buy her a used Suzuki Swift 1.0... £90 a year tax and 50 ish MPG..its not a GTI or anything exotic , just a GLS..... well it needs an exhaust ,£600 from Suzuki or £300 for a patent system lol , Insurance is £90 per year more too.... How crazy is that ? :chop:

stokey-leroy
06-05-10, 07:21 AM
Bloody women eh?!? My missus has a 1.2 fiesta on an 04 plate, lovely car but boring as fook. She's looking at selling it soon and Ive been trying to convince her to get a ZR, more specifically a TD :D It means then I will be able to have a tinker with it and use it as my daily car as she doesnt drive much during the week, she works to work etc and then I've got my zs for the weekends. I'll see how it goes but I might get a 180 as a weekend toy if all goes to plan haha :D

stamford
06-05-10, 07:35 AM
Crazy prices! Hope she appreciates it. My wife uses the MGF SE, good economy and a nice drive too.

arwilson80
06-05-10, 09:12 AM
Saving money up front is generally a false economy... Either it breaks more often or you pay over the odds for parts / repairs. And maybe even it will be cheaper for a new item.

Try explaining that to someone who is fixated on initial cost though... :laugh:

Jay-ZS+
06-05-10, 09:39 AM
Sure powerflow would knock up a cheap exhaust for less than that!!