PDA

View Full Version : Genuine MG X-Power SV Octagon Badge

staccato
10-05-10, 10:25 AM
I bought this brand new from EMS two weeks ago with a view to fitting it to the back of my ZS when my o.e. badge began peeling.

However, on the evening I bought it I managed to source a brand new o.e. badge which I decided to buy and fit instead.

Badge still has adhesive backing.

I've spent 2 weeks pondering another use for this. I was going to stick in in the interior, or on the engine cover, or my tool box, but none of which do justice to these rare badges.

So it's up for sale to an enthusiast on here hopefully. It was on ebay but the Chinese buyer didn't want to pay £53 recorded postage lol.

£55 delivered by Royal Mail Special delivery - this is considerably less than I bought it for so rest assured it's not being sold for sake of profit

Maxxed_Ross
10-05-10, 01:31 PM
holy crap these things have shot up in price since I bought mine

Tempted to buy this for the touring car... but I'd be too scared it got damaged!

RalphG
10-05-10, 05:07 PM
I bought this brand new from EMS two weeks ago with a view to fitting it to the back of my ZS when my o.e. badge began peeling.

£55 delivered by Royal Mail Special delivery - this is considerably less than I bought it for so rest assured it's not being sold for sake of profit

Not really, that's almost exactly what you paid.

KevG
10-05-10, 05:21 PM
lol, is that the one Ralph had in the glass cabinet?

BUCKYDEVIL
10-05-10, 05:56 PM
Staccato (Totaly Busted ) :) . ROFL

Simon's ZS-120
10-05-10, 08:19 PM
i got one that looks the same as that from the show at gaydon for £20 quid

Dan1971
10-05-10, 09:53 PM
Staccato (Totaly Busted ) :) . ROFL

:rofl:

Your other one'll be corroded in 6 months anyway. Keep it.

staccato
11-05-10, 08:09 AM
Not really, that's almost exactly what you paid.

So what would you have liked me to say in my advert then Ralph?

How about "this is considerably less than Executive Motoring Services will charge you for this badge"
How about "I bought this from EMS at an overpriced rate and am now selling it on cheaply at a loss"

I don't get what you expected me to write Ralph? Please tell me.....

The bottom line that I wanted to get across was that I hadn't bought it cheaply from you to then make money from it on the forums. Do you disagree with that?

The story isn't as interesting as it sounds I'm afraid.

I bought an octagon and an ingot badge from EMS at a combined price of £75 which Ralph wanted to do as a non-invoice deal (which then became an invoice deal when I wanted to pay by card)

So the badge is worth whatever the cost split of the two badges is guessed to be - £50 & £25, £60 & £15 - who knows.

staccato
11-05-10, 08:10 AM
lol, is that the one Ralph had in the glass cabinet?

No, that one was scratched to buggery. This is one of the spares

staccato
11-05-10, 01:28 PM
Now sold

Mods - please lock or delete