PDA

View Full Version : Door card weight

Maxfly
14-05-10, 08:42 AM
Just filling in a form for delivery of 2 rear door cards...but i do not know the weight! Does anyone have one handy they could quickly weigh for me please??

Muchos grassy arse:)

Ritchy
14-05-10, 10:10 AM
not got a clue mate? got scales in yer house, n u could stand on them n see the weight difference

Maxfly
14-05-10, 10:27 AM
not got a clue mate? got scales in yer house, n u could stand on them n see the weight difference

aye, might have to try that:) Was just hoping someone might have em to hand as am at work the now an wanted to get things rolling:D

peterzs
14-05-10, 10:40 AM
Thought you were stripping out and doing the power to weight formula!!!

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: :clap::clap::clap:

Maxfly
14-05-10, 10:46 AM
Thought you were stripping out and doing the power to weight formula!!!

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: :clap::clap::clap:

lol, na quite happy with my luxury's:D:D

Ritchy
14-05-10, 10:47 AM
weigh the car with and without the doorcards on it.... lol

StragglaSteve
14-05-10, 10:59 AM

+1

or... weigh the car with you and the doorcards on it... then weigh yourself with out the door cards, subtrack that from the total then take the door cards off the car and weigh the car on its own then weigh... wait what?

Jay-ZS+
14-05-10, 11:00 AM
Ive never know a courier to weight anything so just guess cant be more than 2kg.

Maxfly
14-05-10, 11:44 AM

LOL

+1

or... weigh the car with you and the doorcards on it... then weigh yourself with out the door cards, subtrack that from the total then take the door cards off the car and weigh the car on its own then weigh... wait what?
That just made my brain fart:D
Ive never know a courier to weight anything so just guess cant be more than 2kg.

tbh i think they are nearer 5kg by lifting the package:)

Ritchy
14-05-10, 12:17 PM
add some physics to it....p=mv, = momentum=mass x velocity, so if you fire a 1000kg weight into the doorcard at 30m/s and measure how far they fly, or is it how much the block slows down..., then do some calculations with the formula above it and theyre you go you have your doorcard weight, or at least what they where before they got smashed to pieces

well surely theyre must be some reason i learned that in physics?

KevG
14-05-10, 12:21 PM
WTF!!!

:judge:

StragglaSteve
14-05-10, 12:25 PM
add some physics to it....p=mv, = momentum=mass x velocity, so if you fire a 1000kg weight into the doorcard at 30m/s and measure how far they fly, or is it how much the block slows down..., then do some calculations with the formula above it and theyre you go you have your doorcard weight, or at least what they where before they got smashed to pieces

well surely theyre must be some reason i learned that in physics?

PMSL!!!!

i bow before you sir!

Jay-ZS+
14-05-10, 12:27 PM
Could swing it around and work out the centrifugal force caused by the centripetal acceleration using cent f.=mw(sq)r and cent accn. = w(sq)r

Just dont let go of it or you will be watching linear motion in action as it flys across the room. :ohmy:

Maxfly
14-05-10, 12:30 PM
sweet baby jeevus:drunk:

Jay-ZS+
14-05-10, 12:30 PM
On a serious note normanlly it makes little difference, its the size that seems to effect the cost more. Try a few combinations out to see how the weight effects the cost then just guess. Ive sent stuff before and put it down as 1-2kg when its prob been twice that and never had any problems.

Couriers are too busy throwing them about damaging whats in the parcel to weigh it. lol

Alan.F
14-05-10, 12:32 PM
bet you wished you had never asked now m8 lol

Ritchy
14-05-10, 12:33 PM
and if they say its too light then say you weighed it on the moon

Jay-ZS+
14-05-10, 12:38 PM
and if they say its too light then say you weighed it on the moon

Or whilst in a lift traveling down at almost 10m/s :rambo:

Ritchy
14-05-10, 12:41 PM
9.8m/s2(squared) lol

i should really keep studying all my phsics stuff, dont want to forget it, was my best subject

btw a kilogram bag of sugar weighs a kilogram...just saying lol

Jay-ZS+
14-05-10, 12:42 PM
Got an exam on mechanics on tues, need to know it all :slap:

Maxfly
14-05-10, 12:57 PM
bet you wished you had never asked now m8 lol

lol it's descending into a physics battle lol:D

peterzs
14-05-10, 05:04 PM
What weighs more a tonne of feathers, or a tonne of door cards???

:rtf::rtf::rtf::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ZS_LEE
18-05-10, 12:52 PM
Door panels now sorted through MAXFLY.

Can i just say MAXFLY is a top bloke and door panels were like brand new and at a bargain price :)

Maxfly
18-05-10, 10:17 PM
Door panels now sorted through MAXFLY.

Can i just say MAXFLY is a top bloke and door panels were like brand new and at a bargain price :)

Nae bother at all bud...that deserves rep methinks hehe :D