PDA

View Full Version : Adult Bearded Dragon + Setup

will-w
15-05-10, 05:32 PM
http://wpjw.co.uk/images/animals/lilo_face.jpg
http://wpjw.co.uk/images/animals/lilo_top.jpg

Hi all,

It's a sad day for me as I'm forced to sell one of my Bearded Dragons, 'Lilo'.

I've had Lilo for just over a year and a half, since she could sit with all four feet on the end of my thumb..

Details:
Unsure of sex (we think it's female, vet took a guess at male..)
1.5 years old
Just over 16" long (more or less fully grown)
Very healthy appetite (eats just about anything; crickets, greens, etc..)
Hand reared
A beautiful Yellow/Orange colour

With current work commitments and stuff I just don't have the time to give to three beardies :cry:

Lilo comes with a 3x2x2 foot vivarium, 30" strip light & starter, 100W spot bulb and holder, water bowl, large rock, wooden hide, play sand

I'm looking for £150

http://wpjw.co.uk/images/animals/lilo.jpg

RudeDogg1
15-05-10, 07:02 PM
its a deasert phase beardy if its yellowy ;)

SheppeyTrio
15-05-10, 07:27 PM
Our Taylah would love Lilo, but her mummy won't let her have one!

will-w
15-05-10, 07:50 PM
its a deasert phase beardy if its yellowy ;)

Lilo is a normal run-of-the-mill Inland/Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps), is certainly not a pedigree breed and just happens to have some beautiful markings :)

Our Taylah would love Lilo, but her mummy won't let her have one!

They make amazing pets I must admit, maybe better for slightly older kids though..

We've got a younger (smaller) one that we're probably going to have to let go at some point too, we just don't have the time for all 3 :(

SheppeyTrio
15-05-10, 07:52 PM
They make amazing pets I must admit, maybe better for slightly older kids though..

We've got a younger (smaller) one that we're probably going to have to let go at some point too, we just don't have the time for all 3 :(

Ok, secretly i want one!!! But shush, don't tell Tracey!!

will-w
15-05-10, 07:54 PM
Ok, secretly i want one!!! But shush, don't tell Tracey!!

Thought so! ;)

How come? Has she held one? I think they're ace! :happy:

SheppeyTrio
15-05-10, 08:53 PM
Thought so! ;)

How come? Has she held one? I think they're ace! :happy:

I think it's more the space, time and money!! But i'd love to have a red one!!

baz69
16-05-10, 05:26 PM
if that had been a female i may have been interested in it as we have a 7 month old dragon called ziggy,and we would like a friend for him lol, lilo looks like a cracking dragon though,
they are a lovely pet to keep although they can take up a fair bit of time lol

heres a pic of ours
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/bizbaz/ziggy2.jpg

RudeDogg1
16-05-10, 05:34 PM
Lilo is a normal run-of-the-mill Inland/Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps), is certainly not a pedigree breed and just happens to have some beautiful markings :)

desert phase is just a diff coulour morph just like u get high yellow and leucistic leopard geckos. It just looks like the desert phases ive seen befor tis all. Miss having all my reptiles and stuff :(

carmadbaker
16-05-10, 08:22 PM
If u can hold it till the 24th mate I'll check I have the spac and I'll have her :-) it would be very well looked after and I have reptile experience. And I'm only in rainham (Kent) so nice and easy to sort out :-)
PM me the best price u can take buddy

will-w
16-05-10, 08:25 PM
if that had been a female i may have been interested ...

Funny you say that actually, we were originally told that Lilo was actually female (was probed before delivery to the shop)..

Now we took the two eldest (Hitch and Lilo) to the vets for a check-up a while back and while we were there we got the vet to probe them again, the vet said that he wasn't 100% sure but thought they were both male (at least they're the same as eachother)

Either means Lilo is actually a male, or that they're both female... :unsure:

will-w
16-05-10, 08:27 PM
If u can hold it till the 24th mate I'll check I have the spac and I'll have her :-) it would be very well looked after and I have reptile experience. And I'm only in rainham (Kent) so nice and easy to sort out :-)

That's brilliant mate, I'll be gutted to see him go - part of the family and all! :(

Let me know if you want to come see him before, see if you two get on:horse:

baz69
16-05-10, 09:14 PM
so you still not 100% sure that they male then lol, i would like a mate for ziggy at somepoint though

will-w
16-05-10, 09:56 PM
so you still not 100% sure that they male then lol, i would like a mate for ziggy at somepoint though

Nope, not a clue! :smurf:

I always thought Lilo was female not only because the shop said so, but he/she's got a womans personality (snappy yet loveable at the same time!) :fun:

mattie007
19-05-10, 10:12 AM
Id love one of these! My cousin had one, they feel really cool in your hand!
If I didnt have my youngers brothers hamsters to look after id of had him/her!

will-w
19-05-10, 11:43 AM
The more I look at this thread the more I don't want to part with her, but she deserves more attention than I can give at the moment! :(

Just took her out into the garden for some natural UV and she loved it! Some pictures I took before I went outside:

http://wpjw.co.uk/images/animals/lilo_face.jpg
http://wpjw.co.uk/images/animals/lilo_top.jpg
(Yes, that is a normal 12 inch ruler! :))

She's also started to shed across her shoulders and flanks, so is a little bit moody at the mo! ;)

baz69
19-05-10, 08:33 PM
will your now saying its a she lol so have you had a confirmation on she or he

will-w
19-05-10, 09:01 PM
well i had another look today and im still thinking girl... plus when youve brought something up as female you get used to referring to it as she! LOL

baz69
22-05-10, 11:51 PM
Will if you lift the tail up towards a 90 deg angle if you see 2 lumps above the vent its male and if theres only one lump just above the vent its a female

baz69
22-05-10, 11:54 PM
heres a article on it mate hope it helps
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Maxxed_Ross
23-05-10, 07:15 AM
I really miss my Bearded Dragon, the evil ex kept him when we split even though I'm sure he was mine. Ozzy was 22 inches long at 2 years old so was a bit of a monster!

I used to take mine out into the garden all the time. He was so tame he never wnadered too far from you. It's amazing the personality they have. Mine used to go everywhere with me sat on the dashboard of the ZS. He went to Sheffield a few times and had been at Knockhill twice. He even went to the Yorkshire Modified show a few years back. I think he got more attention than the car did!

There's a great shot of him sat in DannyZR's boot install listening to the tunes! The crazy thing loved music

So tempted to get another one!

will-w
23-05-10, 07:39 AM

Any news mate?

Will if you lift the tail up towards a 90 deg angle if you see 2 lumps above the vent its male and if theres only one lump just above the vent its a female

Yeah I know how to do it Baz, it's easier said than done when the Beardie in question doesn't want to play!

I really miss my Bearded Dragon, the evil ex kept him when we split even though I'm sure he was mine. Ozzy was 22 inches long at 2 years old so was a bit of a monster!

I used to take mine out into the garden all the time. He was so tame he never wnadered too far from you. It's amazing the personality they have. Mine used to go everywhere with me sat on the dashboard of the ZS. He went to Sheffield a few times and had been at Knockhill twice. He even went to the Yorkshire Modified show a few years back. I think he got more attention than the car did!

There's a great shot of him sat in DannyZR's boot install listening to the tunes! The crazy thing loved music

So tempted to get another one!

Go on, you know you want another! ;)

Bit of a long way to travel though :(

Maxxed_Ross
23-05-10, 08:07 AM
I would if I had somewhere to put it

will-w
28-05-10, 04:21 PM
http://wpjw.co.uk/Images/Macro/Lilo_Close_1.png

http://wpjw.co.uk/Images/Macro/Lilo_Close_2.png

:)

Maxxed_Ross
28-05-10, 05:23 PM
just keep it, you know it makes sense

will-w
28-05-10, 05:36 PM
just keep it, you know it makes sense

I'd love to, but at the moment I just don't have the time (or money really) to keep all 3, and the 2 leo's :sad:

Supercharged_Z
28-05-10, 07:19 PM
lovely looking thing.

what sort of time do they need? what or how much do they eat? nad how much they cost?

how do the sit on people? or approach people? are they bitters? i have always been intrested in these things, and could quite easyly make my 5 foot fish tank into somthing to home a dragon... how often do they need to be handled?

will-w
28-05-10, 07:48 PM
Need to hold them every day really, even just for 5 minutes.. They also ideally need to be fed once a day, but once every other will do!
Lilo will eat everything you give her, so it's a case of how much you want to feed her.. Expect it to cost £20-£30 a month (£30 being max)..
They vary in cost; average from a pet shop is £60 for a baby, and anything up to £180 for an adult.. Direct from a breeder is cheaper.
They prefer to walk/run around, but will happily sit on you (hitch used to sit on my head!)..
They can smell, but have a tendency to lick you to get a proper idea of what you are.
Lilo has only ever bit me once, but that was when I was trying to split Hitch and Lilo up and was my fault

Hope that helps :)

baz69
12-06-10, 09:19 PM
hi will, hows lilo, have you still got him/her have u found out for deffo wether it male or female,