PDA

View Full Version : Electric guitar.

Dan1971
16-05-10, 01:23 PM
It's been in the loft since boxing day - As new .....

Anyone fancy it ?

Guitar and amp.

I think it cost the Mrs - £150.

Offers ?

stamford
16-05-10, 05:32 PM
Make and model of both? Power of amp etc? Pics would be good.

RudeDogg1
16-05-10, 05:40 PM
sounds like a realy worth while xmas prez lol

Dan1971
16-05-10, 06:25 PM
I'll get it out of the loft .... Will update tomorrow with some spec and pics then.

As for a worth-while present, I'd always fancied a guitar, and asked for it, so yes it was appreciated at the time. I've just not continued with it, that's all.

stamford
16-05-10, 06:55 PM
If you have never played one before it is hard to stick at it. Worse bit is getting your fingertips to harden up and then being able to dislocate your fingers to achieve certain chords!

Nor
16-05-10, 06:59 PM
I'll get it out of the loft .... Will update tomorrow with some spec and pics then.

As for a worth-while present, I'd always fancied a guitar, and asked for it, so yes it was appreciated at the time. I've just not continued with it, that's all.

Best learning on an acoustic if you ever decide to take it up again.

gsinclairzs
16-05-10, 07:34 PM
Best learning on an acoustic if you ever decide to take it up again.

Electrics have a lower action though. Makes things a little easier when your just starting out. If it's an original 50's Fender I'll have it!

grimmy
16-05-10, 09:53 PM
Electrics have a lower action though. Makes things a little easier when your just starting out. If it's an original 50's Fender I'll have it!

Doubt it will be an original fender given the price and you should learn on an acoustic it makes your fingers stronger making you a better player in the long run

Nor
16-05-10, 11:49 PM

Aye, action is defo lower on electrics, and strings are easier to push down. I've always felt acoustic is better for learning on though, just because of the technique and because it's so easy to pick up and play - no faffing about plugging it in etc.

gsinclairzs
17-05-10, 06:28 AM
Doubt it will be an original fender given the price and you should learn on an acoustic it makes your fingers stronger making you a better player in the long run

Of course it's not. Only joking. I watched an original broadcaster (tele) priced on the american version of antiques road show, valued at $70,000!

The guy that had it did'nt even know what it was. Left o him by his Father in-law! Mad.

stamford
17-05-10, 07:50 AM
I've had a couple, one was a semi-acoustic, classic 50s style and the other a Les Paul.

grimmy
17-05-10, 08:47 AM
Stil got all my gear an aria proII zzdeluxe (destroyer shap) a custom boult Jackson warrior and an ibanez rg550 never play them anymore though

gsinclairzs
17-05-10, 08:49 AM
I've bought and sold..........

Fender Jag-Stang
Fender mexican Fat Strat
50's reissue Fender Tele
1983 Fender Bullet
Fender Stratacoustic
Fender Starcaster
Jazzmaster copy
Tele copy
3 strat copies
Ovation copy
12-string

Really, really want a 1969 Fender Mustang Competition!

I had a ticket to see Les Paul March last year in NYC, but he had a fall and couldn't make it. Doesn't look like I'll ever see him now. R.I.P.

Dan1971
29-05-10, 01:52 PM
Here it is then ...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/AlexandGuitar006.jpg

It's a "Ridgewood" starter pack. It still has the plastic coating on !

Don't know how powerful the amp is .... But it's decent enough. I reckon it's out of tune but there's a KORG GA-30 which cost extra when Mrs C bought the kit included.