PDA

View Full Version : do use think this is a good deal

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 11:46 AM
there is a site called caraudiosecurity.com and the deal is alpine clash of the titans package so if u go into car stereos and then complete packages it will be in there just to see what use think it will be getin all boxed in like kev g's boot:thumbsdown: or :thumbsup:

Jay-ZS+
17-05-10, 12:19 PM
This one? http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12946.html

Alpine is always a good make to go for, its pretty low end Alpine though but for the price you cant go wrong, really depends on what sort of sound system you are going for and how good an ear you have for SQ.

Think you would do well to get a better system for the price listed

stokey-leroy
17-05-10, 12:47 PM
Im by no means an expert (jay pretty much is by the way so feel free to ignore me!!!) but unless you are definately going to buy brand new, you may well be worth using ebay and picking up some billy bargains on there. I just picked up a 12" vibe slick sub for £38 as its b grade reconditioned stock and head units on there can be picked up cheaply too!!

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 12:59 PM
This one? http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12946.html

Alpine is always a good make to go for, its pretty low end Alpine though but for the price you cant go wrong, really depends on what sort of sound system you are going for and how good an ear you have for SQ.

Think you would do well to get a better system for the price listed

i just want a good sound m8 as the one iv got now is pretty shxx and i think u get a lot for the money do u not think so would u know where to get the same amount of stuff but better make then

stokey-leroy
17-05-10, 01:04 PM
I guess you do get a fair bit but I just dont like spending money like that all at once when it could go on coilies or summat.

I got a sony head unit 4x52w with ipod/iphone compatibility (controlled from HU too) for £75 in the sale.
My sub as I say was £38 delivered.
My amp was about £20 second hand but in perfect condition.
Front speakers are fli components - they were brand new and about £50.
Wiring kit was about £10

So all in all I've spent less than £200 and the sound is pretty good, good enough for me anyway :D

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 01:04 PM
Im by no means an expert (jay pretty much is by the way so feel free to ignore me!!!) but unless you are definately going to buy brand new, you may well be worth using ebay and picking up some billy bargains on there. I just picked up a 12" vibe slick sub for £38 as its b grade reconditioned stock and head units on there can be picked up cheaply too!!

thanks for the info m8 but i want brand new so u any places i could look

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 01:08 PM
thanks for the info m8 but i want brand new so u any places i could look

i just want every thing to look brand new if u know want i mean ill have a look on ebay see what i can see

Jay-ZS+
17-05-10, 01:16 PM
Alot of sound quality is down to installation, Depends what you want and your budget.

But seems you get everything you need, Maybe id suggest some soundproofing on the doors for the components. If you can stretch to it some in the boot. However you can spend a fortune on it, I paid just over £300 on soundproofing alone in my 120 :laugh: You can get small boxes of dynamat for the doors which will do no harm!

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 01:19 PM
Alot of sound quality is down to installation, Depends what you want and your budget.

But seems you get everything you need, Maybe id suggest some soundproofing on the doors for the components. If you can stretch to it some in the boot. However you can spend a fortune on it, I paid just over £300 on soundproofing alone in my 120 :laugh: You can get small boxes of dynamat for the doors which will do no harm!

so if i fit what i was going to get without soundproofing will it just sound shxx any what ever i buy coz iv not got any just now m8

StragglaSteve
17-05-10, 01:21 PM
if you want GOOD quality sound then you need to be aiming a bit higher then £400 if your buying new stuff.

Alpine is a very good brand indeed but that will all be its basic stuff, and it doesnt matter what brand you get, basic is still basic ;)

i spent about £500 on JL speakers and 12" sub... and their pritty amazing!

just wish i hadnt skimped on the amp and headunit, as it lets the whole thing down :(

Jay-ZS+
17-05-10, 01:30 PM
so if i fit what i was going to get without soundproofing will it just sound shxx any what ever i buy coz iv not got any just now m8

It will sound alright without, dont expect any awards for SQ. Soundproofing wont make a massive difference but if spending money do it right :) But it comes down to budget, if your top is £400 then I cant see you getting better for everything down to wiring for that.

Id personally suggest going second hand, when I sold my setup there were some real bargins that people got. Plus things like wiring and components dont get seen once carpets are down and door cards on.
I sold some rainbow components worth £170 for £40 inc postage and they were mint. Id keep an eye on ebay for makes like rainbow as they are not that well known to the masses so often go cheap, but make no mistake they are top quality german engineering and id recommend them all day long.

Places like Halfords (although I wouldnt touch any of their speakers) they quite often have 50% off headunits so if you wanted something brand new thats what people will see everyday.

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 01:32 PM
if you want GOOD quality sound then you need to be aiming a bit higher then £400 if your buying new stuff.

Alpine is a very good brand indeed but that will all be its basic stuff, and it doesnt matter what brand you get, basic is still basic ;)

i spent about £500 on JL speakers and 12" sub... and their pritty amazing!

just wish i hadnt skimped on the amp and headunit, as it lets the whole thing down :(

any higher m8 and the other half would go mad if u know what i mean got two kids m8 and they spend money like it grows on trees basic is all i need realy anythings got to be better than what iv got now all i need to know is will it sound ok

Jay-ZS+
17-05-10, 01:33 PM
any higher m8 and the other half would go mad if u know what i mean got two kids m8 and they spend money like it grows on trees basic is all i need realy anythings got to be better than what iv got now all i need to know is will it sound ok

In a word yes :) when installing dont forget to run the power down one side and RCA leads for sub down the other as you get interference if you run them side by side.

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 01:45 PM
In a word yes :) when installing dont forget to run the power down one side and RCA leads for sub down the other as you get interference if you run them side by side.

thanks much m8 coz all iv got the now is factory every thing but got a head unit of my m8 kenwood

KevG
17-05-10, 01:49 PM

If the RCA's are properly screened, then that really isnt a problem.

Jay-ZS+
17-05-10, 01:59 PM

Yer but they are coming as an all inclusive deal will be budget cables, running them either side is good practice

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 02:01 PM

how do kev will u have a look at what im going to buy m8 and tell me what u think coz urs to me is spot on how things any way m8 did u get ur windows in

scottforsyth
17-05-10, 02:05 PM
Yer but they are coming as an all inclusive deal will be budget cables, running them either side is good practice

i can get better cables if it would help m8 what about gold cables iv got gold cables for my t.v and u get alot better sound with them

Jay-ZS+
17-05-10, 02:09 PM
All helps mate, people often spend good money on equipment then skint on cheap leads. A sound system is only as good as the weakest component. :)

Id wait to see what the kit comes with.

Flocka
17-05-10, 06:44 PM
I've got a 12" Sony sub if you want it. Bought it about 4 years ago second hand (was only a few months old though) but never hooked it up, so haven't used it. Bought 2 of the same sub for mega bass in my Clio (lol) but in the end only hooked one up, so the other was never used. I'd sell it for £40 if you want it at all.

talkingcars
17-05-10, 06:52 PM
caraudiosecurity.com do have some very good deals, I've used them in the past and been very pleased.

KevG
17-05-10, 07:19 PM
how do kev will u have a look at what im going to buy m8 and tell me what u think coz urs to me is spot on how things any way m8 did u get ur windows in

How do bud, yeah got me tints in, looks mint now!!

That package looks good, but you could do a lot more for that money. if you step away from a brand like Alpine.

You can get some good bargains on eBay, but it is up to you really

scottforsyth
18-05-10, 01:18 PM
I've got a 12" Sony sub if you want it. Bought it about 4 years ago second hand (was only a few months old though) but never hooked it up, so haven't used it. Bought 2 of the same sub for mega bass in my Clio (lol) but in the end only hooked one up, so the other was never used. I'd sell it for £40 if you want it at all.

im online the now lookin for a sony headunit and sony amp so ill get back to u soon if i pm u my number can u take a pic of it for me

stokey-leroy
18-05-10, 02:21 PM
I have a sony CDX - GT530UI - cracking stereo and is 4x52w too so quite powerful!

scottforsyth
18-05-10, 03:16 PM
much and is it in good nick can u put up so pics of the two of them so i can have a look cheers

talkingcars
18-05-10, 05:07 PM
There are bargins to be had on new head units if you don't have to have the latest model, the one of got was "last years model", found it through ebay but actually bought it direct at a 5% saving over that, was a £200 unit for £80.

Flocka
18-05-10, 06:35 PM
im online the now lookin for a sony headunit and sony amp so ill get back to u soon if i pm u my number can u take a pic of it for me

Yeah course no worries. I might already have one actually, I can e-mail it over to you if I do. My old man's bringing it up to where I live next Wednesday so I will have it on me then for more pics etc.

scottforsyth
19-05-10, 09:56 AM
There are bargins to be had on new head units if you don't have to have the latest model, the one of got was "last years model", found it through ebay but actually bought it direct at a 5% saving over that, was a £200 unit for £80.

what u got now im still looking and cant pick i want to just get it all in at once so it can get put in in one day

scottforsyth
19-05-10, 11:40 AM
what bout kenwood had a look at the jl stuff was like how much for just an amp think ill stick to the basic stuff like alpine and sony