PDA

View Full Version : Bit of servicing

Ritchy
28-05-10, 07:48 PM
well seing as not changed the oil in a few months and just clocking over 72,000 miles decided id do a bit of servicing in my spare minutes over the weekend, so started off this evening with an oil change, never ran a flush through the engine but bought some decent mobil 1 oil so decided id do a flush first, it was wynns engine flush, basically pour it in run the engine on a fast idle(just tigtened the cable) for about 15-20 minutes, this gets the oil nice and hot and very runny(viscios) then drain the oil, which is boiling so try not to spill it all over you, wee filter change, and back in with the mobil one
10-40w
first impression engine seems a lot smoother now compared with the oil ive put in before(stuff from work) so i think the extra few quid was worth it.

next is a deglaze and adjust of all the brakes but il leave that till tomorrow now(maybe il do a how to)

then come august/september the majo servicing begins, which will include new cambelt, cam seals, new camshafts new camshaft cover seal, freshly powdercoated cam cover, new clutch and flywheel, crank seal, maybe reseal the sump as well while im there, geabox oil change(auto transmission fluid for a nice silky smooth change):) not touching coolant though until the head gasket goes:) if it does

BUCKYDEVIL
28-05-10, 08:20 PM
Should see many many more miles yet with all that TLC.
going to get my big service done with belts in a few months with new cams also.