PDA

View Full Version : Oh for feck sake!!

will-w
29-05-10, 08:33 PM
Do you ever have one of those days where you want to smash the hell out of your Zed? Well today I was actually close to doing so!

Day started off ok; Had a nice drive to Canterbury and back with the mother (autobox in her R25 is dead, so I'm taxi). The whole way the car was pulling to the left like a :rant:, this I'm used to (tracking is out and cheap tyres) so ignored it and carried on.

When I got back I checked the rear calipers over just in case they had started to bind again but all looked ok, so went inside and chilled.

Got in the car this evening and set off for work; after 5 or so miles I got stuck behind the worlds longest Cadillac Escalade stretch limo, which insisted on doing 40.. After what seemed like years I eventually found a safe place to overtake the 70ft barge and continued with a nice progressive pace :police:

Got half way to work and decided to open the window; my car however had other ideas and decided it would only let me open it half way and no further :chair:

I eventually got to work, got out and could smell burning; now I knew it wasn't oil or the clutch as I'm very used to those, this was different.. I walked around the back of the car to get my laptop and stuff out and what do I find - smoke pouring out of the wheel arch where my bloody caliper had seized and decided to spontaneously combust!

Now this is my 3rd caliper on this side and to be honest I'm really starting to get fedup with all the stupid things that are going wrong with the derv! :wall:

Give me something Japanese and built properly please - I can't be arsed to spend another pointless day under this hunk of junk fixing something that shouldn't have broken in the first place!!

Sorry about this stupidly long post guys, needed to get it off my chest! :guns:

MG6Turbo
29-05-10, 08:58 PM
Have a break ! have a kit kat !

G

will-w
30-05-10, 02:37 AM
Have a break ! have a kit kat !

G

I would mate but they don't have any in the chocolate box downstairs!! :yay:

Bit calmer now; AA man booked to come have a look at 7:45, ready for my ~30mile trip home

talkingcars
30-05-10, 07:40 AM
3rd caliper! Does your handbrake cable need replacing?

will-w
30-05-10, 09:01 AM
3rd caliper! Does your handbrake cable need replacing?

Don't think so...

1st caliper was removed to fit 180 brakes
2nd caliper was removed as it had totally seized
3rd caliper is officially shagged; the handbrake arm doesn't self-return and wobbles around like jelly

Finished work at 07:45, only just got in and had breakfast - need to find another new caliper to get fitted now!

SticklesMickles
31-05-10, 09:04 AM
Sorry but for an easy life with cars, If it aint broke, don't fix it ;)

To be honest, it sounds like the only reason it has went tits up is because you removed a working part, to fit a second hand part, which was buggered, and then replaced that with another second hand part, which is also buggered LOL

will-w
31-05-10, 08:09 PM
Sorry but for an easy life with cars, If it aint broke, don't fix it ;)

To be honest, it sounds like the only reason it has went tits up is because you removed a working part, to fit a second hand part, which was buggered, and then replaced that with another second hand part, which is also buggered LOL

Close but not quite there; I originally went for the 180 setup because it was a lot cheaper than buying new discs & pads for the original setup