PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had this problem?

RudeDogg1
30-05-10, 04:46 PM
well i thought as ive been busy spraying stuff id take off my front bumper rub strip that some penis in a car park scraped luckily only taking a 5 inch strip of paint off the strip. First i tried taking the strip off without removing the bumper not a chance! So i thought id just take the bumper off it was easy when i did the fogs. so anyway i remove the bolts then i come to the bolt in the wheel arch and im turning the bolt for ages then i realise the plastic whatsit the bolt screws into is just spinning :0s. Any idea how to get the bloody thing out?

KevG
30-05-10, 04:51 PM
Remove the arch liner and grip the square nylon nut with a pair of pliers or a set of molegrips, and just unscrew the bolt, failing that lever a screwdriver between the bottom of the nylon nut and the bolt, and unscrew as normal.

RudeDogg1
30-05-10, 04:52 PM
ill have a go tomoz

Maxxed_Ross
30-05-10, 06:09 PM
I ended up breaking that bit off

RudeDogg1
30-05-10, 07:20 PM
i would of if i could work out how to break it without damaging anything else

tb steve
30-05-10, 08:04 PM
as here too as said above pair of molegrips on top and undo the bolt

think i didnt take the liner off but did have to undo some extra liner screws to get in there (small hands)

i needed a new one too

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID003354

number 12

RudeDogg1
31-05-10, 06:57 PM
ordered a new pair today along with some new clips cuz im sure 1 of them was dodgy last time it came off. Havent bothered battling with it again yet as i ran out of paint sraying my plug cover so gonna get some more mixed in the morn in the. Is it just the 3 letter mg code i need to give them for the propper colour?