PDA

View Full Version : peeeed off

tcr
30-05-10, 06:02 PM
last nite someone opened there door into my rear wing leaving a golf ball sized dent ,the girl who did it was a friend of the guy whos car it was' daughter ,
now hes saying he dont want to go through his insurance because it wasnt his kid and asked to get a quote so he and the kids mother could pay between them but the mother says that he was incharge so he should go through insurance arghhh
basically iv told them both that i will get a quote for the work ( which could turn out expensive being monogram ) and that they will have 48 hrs from them reciving the quote to sort something out ,have i done right or should i just go straight to my insurance company ?:detective:

Maxxed_Ross
30-05-10, 06:09 PM
Personally I would have gone straight to the insurance. I've heard so many stories of it taking months to sort out when done cash in hand

scottforsyth
30-05-10, 06:11 PM
do u know them at all if not i would go to my insurance company coz same thing just happened to a friend of mine and now she is have to get cctv and the guy is saying it was her that hit him m8 but its up to u if u think ull get it of them

tcr
30-05-10, 06:20 PM
iv got both car owner and kids mothers address and phone numbers ,thing is i wasnt there at the time but the wife was in the car with 2 mates she rang me but i couldnt answer (i was in the pub after work) so they did swap details
but i can see his point aswell as the kids mothers , i will just have to see what happens although they both have been told it WILL get paid for either way

Dan1971
30-05-10, 06:36 PM
Try and sort out without going to your insurance co. Even though it was nothing to do with you, you may find that they'll end up loading your insurance at some point as I think they will class it as an accident.

tcr
30-05-10, 07:12 PM
iv got full protected ncb but the guy whos car it was has 17 yrs unprotected ncb thats why he dont want to go that route

peterzs
30-05-10, 08:36 PM
If its not damaged the paint cant these dent removal guys get it out.

I had three dings when I bought mine and for £100 they were all popped out.

One on the o/s/f wing, one in the drivers door and one above the rear pass. door, in the roof area.

They have a site at our local ASDA now, Dingoes, or something, most likely them going around bashing the cars!!!

gsinclairzs
31-05-10, 01:16 PM
Report it to your insurance in the meantime. The if it goes pear-shaped you can go ahead and make a claim.

Southside_ZS
31-05-10, 05:05 PM
Celestrial is monogram but paint is no more expensive than any other car. Only the flip colours that are. My ZS is same colour as yours and my mate just done some paintwork on it for me and it was the same price.

tcr
31-05-10, 06:48 PM
did it match up ok ?,my concern was if he just painted the panel it would stand out from the door, boot and bumper making it look worse than the dint did :sad:

Steves Cleenz
31-05-10, 06:56 PM
monogram colours blend the same as anyother colours, the thing is thugh if you go through your insurance they will possibly right the car off, to have the whole rear wing painted you are looking at about £1000 of work with the labour, just call a dent bloke and they will get it out for about £60

tcr
01-06-10, 03:53 PM
had a good result ,my mate told me it would cost £120 for him to sort it so i rang the guy and within 30 mins i had cash in my hand:wizard: ,
thats not all ,went straight down to the bodyshop to get it booked in and as i got there a dents direct bloke was just finishing a similar ding , being a good friend my mate suggested getting it done by him as it would be quicker and less hassel so 45mins and £40 later no dent :zorro:

Andyf
02-06-10, 09:29 AM
and £80 in your pocket!

Jay-ZS+
02-06-10, 11:07 AM
Result guess your going to be stopping by the supermarket carpark tonight then! :laugh:

tcr
02-06-10, 01:57 PM
Lets just say my chinese tasted very nice last nite

shcKr-
02-06-10, 02:12 PM
I'm glad you got it all sorted mate :)
Atleast it was someone who was willing to pay and not mess around etc. :)

tcr
02-06-10, 03:42 PM
yeah me too iv told her just to go straight through insurance if it happens again cos it could have easily gone the other way :yes: