PDA

View Full Version : Question about boot lock

StragglaSteve
04-06-10, 08:33 AM
Anyone know much about the mechanism which pops the boot open when you pull the little lever inside the drivers footwell?

just wonderred if it could be incorperated to the rear doors?

I really need to stop being bored at work, keeps me thinking of random car things!!:bounce:

stamford
04-06-10, 09:49 AM
Just a cable release, nothing fancy at all. What have you got in mind?

StragglaSteve
04-06-10, 09:56 AM
rear door handles are getting rather stiff!... im thinkin they will fall off some point soon!

thought it might be a novel idea to put a popper on them instead of replaceing the door handles (which may go stiff and fall off again)

Also i notice, whenever i give a group of people a lift, they all seem to wait outside my car until i get inside and sit down, even though it quite clearly has central locking!!! would be funny to pop their doors open for them so their not all stood there like lemons!

Jay-ZS+
04-06-10, 10:44 AM
Thought you had stripped the back out? you can get the pop open kits for when the door handles are removed.

StragglaSteve
04-06-10, 11:03 AM
Thought you had stripped the back out? you can get the pop open kits for when the door handles are removed.

Not yet dude! have to wait until after my old mans wedding before i can do that :(

but need summin to keep me busy until then! i get itchy fingers lol

I guess maybe i should be thinkin of a door solution for when the car is stripped out?

do they still need to be functional to pass MOT even if there is no rear seats? what about the windows? do they still need to open and close?

could save a bit of weight with welding the doors shut and fixing the rear windows in place :fish:

Jay-ZS+
04-06-10, 11:07 AM
Yer was going to say if you remove the seats you could cut out the internal skin of doors and have them welded shut that way you could remove central locking and fix the windows, remove the door handles and smooth it in, could have a 3dr ZS!

StragglaSteve
04-06-10, 11:13 AM
i like it!

the less there is in the car... the less there is to go wrong! HAHA

gonna have to find something else to occupie myself with for the next two weeks!

Paint the engine bay so it looks fresh again? :hmmm:

Jay-ZS+
04-06-10, 11:22 AM
How about this?! (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=366966):fishing: