PDA

View Full Version : just been hit zs is injured

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 02:27 PM
am in work just now and some half wit has just reversed into my car cracking my bumper just a small bit but he's saying he never but the way it happened on cctv u see him reversing back to my car hits:( it my alarm starts going off and then u see him getting out and looking at his car's back end

so i ask use how does that look to u's does it sound as if ill get a pay out from his insurance

andys1981
06-06-10, 02:34 PM
if you have proof of it should be nae bother

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 02:37 PM
if you have proof of it should be nae bother

iv got cctv it shows him going back and my car alarm going off and him getting out and looking at his car m8

andys1981
06-06-10, 02:43 PM
if hes still lyin bout it mate gie the fuzz a wee phone they will deal wi it,think your meant to phone them after an accident anyway

Jay-ZS+
06-06-10, 02:45 PM
Its got to be better than nothing, getting insurance companies to fork out can be like getting blood out a stone. But id say you stand a good chance.

Ive set off car alarms on numerous occasions without touching them though :laugh:

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 02:51 PM
Its got to be better than nothing, getting insurance companies to fork out can be like getting blood out a stone. But id say you stand a good chance.

Ive set off car alarms on numerous occasions without touching them though :laugh:

ye but u see him getting out and looking at his car as if he had and he has only just passed a year ago one of his work m8's told me that he also said if i did hit it it was only a small bump and if i did hit it iv not got the money to fix it and some one heard him say that

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 02:52 PM
if hes still lyin bout it mate gie the fuzz a wee phone they will deal wi it,think your meant to phone them after an accident anyway

i wasnt in the car at the time but does that matter

Ritchy
06-06-10, 03:04 PM
phone the police hes obviosly hit it

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 03:15 PM
phone the police hes obviosly hit it

i just did m8 and they said to just swap insurance details

Dan1971
06-06-10, 03:36 PM
Give him another chance ....

Say to him "Here's the score fella. No hard feelings, but you hit my car and it's on CCTV. End of. You either pay up, or I report you to the police for failing to stop and give details and I'll provide them with the CCTV evidence."

Only issue you might have is that if it's a work car park, it might not fall under the definition of "a public road".

Go with the threat and the second chance, and take it from there.

BUCKYDEVIL
06-06-10, 03:40 PM
Scott, Gutted for you that your car got hit and it's great that it got caught on cctv.
Just remember that when you tell the insurance repair place that your bumper was perfect before and had ((no bumper sag)).
Wish I thought to tell repair place when my car got hit before X-mas.
Best o luck bud.

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 03:55 PM

Say to him "Here's the score fella. No hard feelings, but you hit my car and it's on CCTV. End of. You either pay up, or I report you to the police for failing to stop and give details and I'll provide them with the CCTV evidence."

Only issue you might have is that if it's a work car park, it might not fall under the definition of "a public road".

the two of us work in the same place and he is still here now he is bringin in his insurance papers the morra so going to go that way coz he is saying he never hit it but it must have been a small hit but its been enuff coz its cracked it just under my light u see him reverseing and my alarm going off and him getting out to look at it

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 03:57 PM
Scott, Gutted for you that your car got hit and it's great that it got caught on cctv.
Just remember that when you tell the insurance repair place that your bumper was perfect before and had ((no bumper sag)).
Wish I thought to tell repair place when my car got hit before X-mas.
Best o luck bud.

thanks m8 will do just hope it doesnt take a long time for them to take it in or for his insurance to pay out

Rocket Red
06-06-10, 04:00 PM
i had an old woman scuff mine at work two weeks ago luckily she left her details is going in next week to be sorted it's hardly noticeable but that's not the point :chair:

BUCKYDEVIL
06-06-10, 04:04 PM
Some repair companys will also do additional work that you could request.
while they are getting Xpower grey paint
for example- for your bumper you could get reverse sensors colour coded.

Another thing I wish I thought of,so if you are getting a respray done then give me a shout please .

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 04:06 PM
i had an old woman scuff mine at work two weeks ago luckily she left her details is going in next week to be sorted it's hardly noticeable but that's not the point :chair:

same here m8 its just a hair line crack but it isnt the point is it but my guy is saying he didnt hit it think he saying that coz he only passed a year ago but it clearly shows him going back and my alarm going off and him geting out and looking

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 04:09 PM

Another thing I wish I thought of,so if you are getting a respray done then give me a shout please .

its the front of mine that got hit m8

KevG
06-06-10, 04:15 PM
Okay, you have CCTV evidence of the alleged incident, Get the insurance details from him tomorrow, and go through them, either way he will still have to fork out for the damage (his insurance excess), it doesn't matter if he has only been driving for a year, he should still have insurance to cover any eventuality.
One thing though, do a check of his reg number through (CLICKY (http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/)), oh and be careful about your insurance approved bodyshop they might just turn round and say that you wont get the car repaired, they might write it off, it has been known for such a small dent, scratch etc.

Rocket Red
06-06-10, 04:16 PM
same here m8 its just a hair line crack but it isnt the point is it but my guy is saying he didnt hit it think he saying that coz he only passed a year ago but it clearly shows him going back and my alarm going off and him geting out and looking

people drive me mad when they do that when i saw my car i thought they had driven off without saying anything but luckily they had left details at reception but i was thinking that's all i need after someone trashed my last zed:wall:

KevG
06-06-10, 04:17 PM

They wont do that Marcus, I have tried before to respray a bumper, they refused as they have to put all time and materials done to a job and time.

BUCKYDEVIL
06-06-10, 04:31 PM
They wont do that Marcus, I have tried before to respray a bumper, they refused as they have to put all time and materials done to a job and time.

Kev - On the first point you expainlaned that for even the slightest bit of damage could lead to the car being wrote off for very minor damage as parts are so rare - Yes this was the exact same thing I was told by the driver of the recovery vehicle and got me VERY worried, however if Scotts damage is only minor I hope like mine then it will only need a bit of plastic welding.
On collecting my car from a major profesionall bodyshop I said as on off the cuff remark, I wish I got reverse sensors colour coded while I had the chance the guy said I should have mentioned it earlier as the work could have been done for a bit of cash in hand,
So Scott there is no harm in asking. Just depends on the place.

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 05:16 PM
Kev - On the first point you expainlaned to Scott that for even the slightest bit of damage could lead to the car being wrote for a very minor damage as parts are so rare- This was the exact same thing I was told by the driver of the recovery vehicle and got me VERY worried, however if Scotts damage is only minor I hope like mine then it will only need a bit of plastic welding.
On collecting my car from a major proffesionall bodyshop I said as on off the cuff remark that I wish I got reverse sensors colour coded while I had the chance the guy said I should have mentioned it earlier as the work could have been done for a bit of cash in hand,
So Scott there is no harm in asking. Just depends on the place.

it would prob be arnold clark coz there is one just down the road from me

archermav
06-06-10, 05:21 PM

Good point about the 'private' car park. Hope all goes well with it.

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 05:36 PM
Okay, you have CCTV evidence of the alleged incident, Get the insurance details from him tomorrow, and go through them, either way he will still have to fork out for the damage (his insurance excess), it doesn't matter if he has only been driving for a year, he should still have insurance to cover any eventuality.
One thing though, do a check of his reg number through (CLICKY (http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/)), oh and be careful about your insurance approved bodyshop they might just turn round and say that you wont get the car repaired, they might write it off, it has been known for such a small dent, scratch etc.

kev it is a very fine crack but just a bit worried coz it just shows him reverseing back and my car alarm going off if they will say it doesnt show enuff to show hes at fault

BUCKYDEVIL
06-06-10, 05:37 PM
Only other thing Scott if you have to go through insurance is your policy for social domestic & pleasure, or do you have cover for too and from place of work . ??

scottforsyth
06-06-10, 05:38 PM
Good point about the 'private' car park. Hope all goes well with it.

it does say park at ur own risk but its just between him and me nothing to do with the work

archermav
06-06-10, 08:47 PM
it does say park at ur own risk but its just between him and me nothing to do with the work

Sorry mate, I am just looking on the dark side. If he tells you to clear off and go to the police, then if it is a private car park there is nothing they can do.

peterzs
06-06-10, 10:18 PM
Have a read of this, Off-Road Collisions

http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Internet/faq/roadtrafficcollisions.htm

Explains it as to how the police would react, reading other advice someone said "could you report the person for criminal damage", as they have hit your car, and you have the cctv evidence.

Hope they do the right thing and pay up, one way or the other.

stamford
07-06-10, 07:46 AM
Do you have fully comp insurance with full legal cover with free expense cover? If so I would strongly advise you go via your insurer as they will push the claim through with no expense to you, you will have control and a line of contact. If you go through the 3rd party you have no control of anything and have to accept what you are given. Also it has been found that going via a 3rd party they will cut corners and not offer you what you are entitled to.

There is thing called MASS (Motor Accident Solictors Society) that are concerned about the practice known as 3rd party capture where the TPI try and settle the claim direct and leave you high and dry on occassions. So beware.

Ritchy
07-06-10, 09:03 AM
kev it depends on you bodyshop if they will do aditional wok, i got a bit extra done to mine when i had a wee bump, needed new front bumper, however new front bumpers where NLA at the time from xpart so i sourced one from roverbreakers, say depends on your bodyshop, i used Buchans in cambuslang with richard divine, he was very helpful

scottforsyth
07-06-10, 09:09 AM
its been passed on to the insurance people now so just need to wait and see what happens

shcKr-
07-06-10, 11:50 AM
Good luck mate, I hope it all gets sorted! :)