PDA

View Full Version : New pics

mattie007
06-06-10, 05:00 PM
Fitted my Rover 45 lights and new bumper over the weekend. Well pleased with the result, makes it look more modern....

http://i45.tinypic.com/2la8qp3.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hgs6qc.jpg

Think they go well with the ZS badges and mirror caps.

peterzs
06-06-10, 07:57 PM
Looking good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

StragglaSteve
06-06-10, 09:02 PM
Looking good dude! will have to get my hands on a set of these, the orange makes the ZS look a bit sad :(

Murray
06-06-10, 09:13 PM
Nice work there!

It does look a lot fresher with the new lights and the splitter does suit it too.

SharronB
06-06-10, 09:57 PM
Like it! :thumbsup:

Hambo-180
07-06-10, 07:42 AM
looks a lot more modern. Was it the full headlamp assembly you changed or just removed the orange lense?

mattie007
07-06-10, 10:52 AM
Thanks people! Im really happy with it now!

looks a lot more modern. Was it the full headlamp assembly you changed or just removed the orange lense?

Full headlamp assembly. Got them off ebay, brand new Japan spec for £8 each. Just swap the headlamp height motors over with your old ones and job done!

Took me around 5 hours as ive not got many tools!

Glen290
07-06-10, 10:55 AM
Looks great Mattie, very tidy motor..

p_b82
07-06-10, 11:11 AM
I keep thinking about putting in some R45 lights too, but actually i think i quite like mine with te orange flashes.

I would put a splitter on, but where i live, i often ground the front of the car coming out garages as it is, so is not something i will be doing :(

Looks good on your car tho i do still think the leon splitter seems to not quite be wide enough in my eyes.. but i suspect it would grow on me :)

StragglaSteve
07-06-10, 12:13 PM
Thanks people! Im really happy with it now!

Full headlamp assembly. Got them off ebay, brand new Japan spec for £8 each. Just swap the headlamp height motors over with your old ones and job done!

Took me around 5 hours as ive not got many tools!

You inspired me to order a set! which i did about an hour ago...

didnt realise there was a Japan spec though? hope i ordered the right ones! as you cant seem to buy them in pairs :|

Zippy Saloon
07-06-10, 12:19 PM
hope i ordered the right ones!
Did you not order any left ones? :whistle:
Did wonder about the Jap spec bit when I ordered mine but apparently all marking on lens etc are the same, Japan drives on the left too so only difference is the levelling motors - maybe Japan don't have self levelling?

andys1981
07-06-10, 12:20 PM
looking good mattie

Jay-ZS+
07-06-10, 12:27 PM
Looks really good mate, nice improvement. Never understood why the 45 had clear lenses and the zs got the orange ones?!!

stamford
07-06-10, 12:55 PM
Looking good!

StragglaSteve
07-06-10, 01:04 PM
Did you not order any left ones? :whistle:
Did wonder about the Jap spec bit when I ordered mine but apparently all marking on lens etc are the same, Japan drives on the left too so only difference is the levelling motors - maybe Japan don't have self levelling?

yeah the desriptions only said Rover 45 N/S and O/S headlamps... pictures looked ok...

hopfully (Likely) it will all be sweet as nut!

I think once they arrive i might see about modding the old set!

Bobdope2002
07-06-10, 02:46 PM
get those wheels powdercoated gloss black and your onto a winner :)

mattie007
07-06-10, 08:07 PM
Looks great Mattie, very tidy motor..

Thanks again for the nice comments.
I wouldnt worry about the 'Jap spec' bit, if I can change the motors over and fit new lights, anyone can!

The splitter does grow on you eventually. Mine is more of a bumper protector if you saw all the scrapes on it!