PDA

View Full Version : MG6 - looks like a Civic to me

car13
12-06-10, 07:13 AM
In my opinion the MG6 was penned still under Uk ownership, and as the factory still had ties to chassis from Honda (ZS ZR) it seems very strange that when you look at the current Civic (not the euro dross we have but the real civic / integra) it still uses the same chassis as the ZS which is a honda.

At MG live a hybrid civic was parked and looks almost identical to the MG 6. Ok the chinese have had copy bmw parts made for the running gear which is ZT wheels/ brakes suspension. But then again a BMW have invested in cars being made in China they are probably made under license.

http://www.greenskid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/honda-civic-hybrid.jpg
http://www.auto-car-shop.com/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/2f86c6380a3e39d8de6694aa279a2e88.jpg

car13
12-06-10, 07:16 AM
Now dont be shocked but look at this and tell me that the car is not a direct decendant of the integra/zs based new civic (not the euro dross that we have)
http://www.autofans.us/images/Honda/2009%20Honda%20Civic%20Hybrid%204.jpg

See hand brake detail

Ritchy
12-06-10, 10:43 AM
i think moist korean, jap cars look the same nowadays really

Southside_ZS
15-06-10, 05:15 PM
MG6 isn't based on ZS chassis its based on shortened 75/ZT chassis

Ritchy
15-06-10, 05:53 PM
was on the news tonight and 300 people in the uk have been envolved with the design of the 6, and hopefully built at longbridge soon!

RudeDogg1
15-06-10, 06:07 PM
didnt think there was anything left at longbridge its all been knocked down :s

grimmy
15-06-10, 06:35 PM
was on the news tonight and 300 people in the uk have been envolved with the design of the 6, and hopefully built at longbridge soon!
Envolved is that a new word meaning evolved and involved put together?

Saint Bailey
15-06-10, 07:37 PM

LMAO!! :rofl:

Ritchy
15-06-10, 07:54 PM

lol im very sorry my quick mobile upload wasnt to your liking

Yampiedog
16-06-10, 05:16 PM
All cars look the same nowadays...

grimmy
16-06-10, 07:32 PM
lol im very sorry my quick mobile upload wasnt to your liking
Not a problem, its a scunner when people dig you up for bad grammar and spelling i should know.

Maxfly
17-06-10, 09:32 AM
Not a problem, its a scunner when people dig you up for bad grammar and spelling i should know.

tbh i perferred the comment abouts moist Koreans and Japanese:D

Ritchy
17-06-10, 04:17 PM
lol gary, unfortunatly my fat mechanics fingers dont go to well with this keyboard on the netbook

grimmy
18-06-10, 12:59 PM
lol gary, unfortunatly my fat mechanics fingers dont go to well with this keyboard on the netbook
Blame it on vibration white finger and nerve damage from the years of using lawnmowers and the like.Thats what i do. lol

Ritchy
18-06-10, 03:19 PM
lol all in all ive spent all my life in garages, using power tools, and a good 5 years gardening as well, so not got much going my way lol

Yampiedog
18-06-10, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately I think they will build the new MG's to similar standards as Kia's and Hyundai's which always look cheap and inferior to European marques and they will exploit the MG brand and charge European prices and this will in turn be there demise. Just my thoughts...

Southside_ZS
18-06-10, 04:49 PM
To be honest the new Kia's are built really well. Driven a few Kia Ceed's now at work and i'd have one. Less rattles than my ZS anyway and seam to be really well bolted together. They've all been under 20k though and less than 3 years old so i guess time will tell.

Ritchy
18-06-10, 04:58 PM
new kia's and hyundai's, well i cant fault them theyre great value for money and big warrentys as well.
well according to the news a few days ago they will be getting made at longbridge again very soon, and 300 longbridge staff have designed the new car, i say just give it time, it always takes a few months of a car being out before its sorted right, look at ford they bring out a standard focus first, then a few months later they bring out the st version, and better equipt models, im just happy theyre creating jobs for the birmingham area again