PDA

View Full Version : Love And Hate!?

Saint Bailey
15-06-10, 03:03 PM
Ok, so i was thinking about my motor (as always) and thought i'd post a thread of the thing we most like and the thing we most hate about our car. This is me getting to know you good folk :D

I'll go first...

Like: The thing i like the most about my car is it's nationality. As a firm patriot i love that it's English made. Hmmm, i might get a decal saying 'made in England'. :)

Hate: Ok, the thing i hate the most about my baby is that she has no cup holder!! Ok ok easy fix i know, but i'm too lazy to go get one and to forgetful to pick one up when i'm out and about ^.^ but many a time i've bought a coffee whilst in the car and realise i have no where to put it, it usually ends up between my legs lol.

Anyway, that's my love and hate for today, what's yours?

Maxfly
15-06-10, 03:08 PM
Bid awa to sort out your hatehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mg-zs-cup-holder-/270592892897?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0097dfe1:)

Love - Has to be the soundtrack from the engine!!

Hate - As it has just happened to one of mine, broken door handle :D

Bobdope2002
15-06-10, 03:11 PM
Love - The Rareity Of The Mk2 As theyre are hardly any about

Hate - Petrol Consumption

Saint Bailey
15-06-10, 03:15 PM
Bid awa to sort out your hatehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mg-zs-cup-holder-/270592892897?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0097dfe1:)

Love - Has to be the soundtrack from the engine!!

Hate - As it has just happened to one of mine, broken door handle :D

Thanks Maxfly That looks like it'll be secure enough for coffee too. :thumbsup:

andys1981
15-06-10, 03:16 PM
love- ma mk 1,as its a head turner,its a great car,plus the roar of the ind kit

hate-the petrol consumption

Saint Bailey
15-06-10, 03:19 PM
Love - The Rareity Of The Mk2 As theyre are hardly any about

Hate - Petrol Consumption

How much money would you spend for a 40 mile trip? saying the petrol price was at 1.15 PL. (an estimation would be good, not to the exact penny) :D

peterzs
15-06-10, 04:22 PM
Love - its a yellow, derv ZS with full kit.

Hate - the mk2 alloys, I cant park it, drive it, without the dreaded scruuunch from one of the rims. No protection from the tyres but I can live with the flattened rim edge. Maybe its just my c*ap driving but even outside the house I can scrape the kerb. Doh!!!!!

40 miles = about ?5.00

:bow::bow::bow: :):):)

Bobdope2002
15-06-10, 04:34 PM
How much money would you spend for a 40 mile trip? saying the petrol price was at 1.15 PL. (an estimation would be good, not to the exact penny) :D

TBH i dont really look at it that way as it gets driven once a week if that at the min........ just cant sell it as its too nice and i wud never get what i wanted for it in return

i have easily done 70-80 miles on a tenner though

Saint Bailey
15-06-10, 05:11 PM
TBH i dont really look at it that way as it gets driven once a week if that at the min........ just cant sell it as its too nice and i wud never get what i wanted for it in return

i have easily done 70-80 miles on a tenner though

Yup that's what i'd guess mine at too. Cheaper fuel is always a plus but i think that's good going considering the prices at the moment.

andys1981
15-06-10, 05:26 PM
how do you guys work out how much petrol you use,just reset yer mileometer,as i think al try this in mine

RudeDogg1
15-06-10, 05:36 PM
Love - its a yellow, derv ZS with full kit.

Hate - the mk2 alloys, I cant park it, drive it, without the dreaded scruuunch from one of the rims. No protection from the tyres but I can live with the flattened rim edge. Maybe its just my c*ap driving but even outside the house I can scrape the kerb. Doh!!!!!

40 miles = about ?5.00

:bow::bow::bow: :):):)

why dont u just buy tyres with the thickened edge to help protect the rims

peterzs
15-06-10, 06:25 PM
Bought some Hankooks because I thought they had the rim protector, after bashing front near side decided they didnt work.

Backed the car up outside the house and did the rear off side, they all look about the same now, like someone has taken an angle grinder to the rims.

Reckon if I go on like I am, there wont be a rim left to hold the tyre on.

Does make me appreciate how well some of the others look after their wheels!!!

Does anyone know of a tyre that has a rim protector that works?????

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Gazza
15-06-10, 06:48 PM
Love the look of the mk2 with the body kit

Hate how dated they are

benedwards64
15-06-10, 06:55 PM
Love: KV6 engine, handling, brakes, fuel consumption (my previous car was a 3.0 Turbo Supra which did about 15mpg!)

Hate: FWD, annoying squeaks.

For those wingeing about fuel consumption - for the power they produce, the KV6 really isn't that bad! A friend of mine had a Mondeo ST24 that was slower, less powerful and thirstier!

daveronimo
15-06-10, 08:30 PM
love - kv6 motor
hate - rattles in the interior, faulty sensors, general quality issues (maybe because it's British?!)

idge2003
15-06-10, 10:33 PM
i have easily done 70-80 miles on a tenner though[/QUOTE]

Jesus I think I'd struggle to do 50 miles on a tenner!

Love- The V6 growl and the look on peoples faces when they think they've just be had by an old rover 400!

Hate- Again the rattles and knocks!

Brett

caled
15-06-10, 10:35 PM
Ive been keeping an eye on the mpg of my mk2 180 for the last few months, and barring the couple of weeks after I got it and the fortnight in scotland (hehe...), the fuel consumption has been a consistent 27mpg - that's combination of mostly town driving, bit of motorway and occassional play.

Love - the way it always puts a smile on my face, the way it looks, the way it handles, the power, the fact its british made, I could go on and on...

Hate - as everyone has mentioned, the fuel consumption. Even though it isnt bad for the power, its still not exactly a diesel, is it?

As for peterzs - try stop driving so damn close to the kerb. Or drop your mirrors when youre reversing so that you can see the kerb.

Gavspav
16-06-10, 05:21 AM
Love corners.
Hate .....................................it's a wee bit dated inside nicht wahr?

stamford
16-06-10, 07:32 AM
Love: everything, even after 70k miles and 5 years of ownership, it still makes me smile :D

Hate: the cost of tuning parts..........for very little gain.

Dan1971
16-06-10, 09:55 AM
Love(d) - Performance per pound on purchase is unbeatable. Exterior looks. The on-line "family".

Hate(d) - Electric window switches. Poor turning circle. Handles.

ljr09
16-06-10, 10:19 AM
Love - fantastic value for money, excellent handling, this forum
Hate - rattly drivers door, door handles and appalling turning circle making people think i can't drive ( which i can - honest )

p_b82
16-06-10, 12:00 PM
Love - The fact that it is a diesel so great fuel consumption, is still great fun to drive with 83K on the clock, looks stunning and the ability to tune it cheaply*

Hate - the fact that i started to tune it, as i really wanted a 180 but could not live with the consumption or insurance; Also hate the fact i never know if the rear handles will come off in my hand!

*if you are sensible and only do a few choice mods unlike me who got a bit carried away

peterzs
16-06-10, 01:25 PM
Love - The fact that it is a diesel so great fuel consumption, is still great fun to drive with 83K on the clock, looks stunning and the ability to tune it cheaply*

Hate - the fact that i started to tune it, as i really wanted a 180 but could not live with the consumption or insurance; Also hate the fact i never know if the rear handles will come off in my hand!

*if you are sensible and only do a few choice mods unlike me who got a bit carried away

Think you are brave, pushing the L series as far as you have and also posting good points and the bad bits.

Easy for people to talk the talk and do nothing, always read your progress posts with interest. ( and I'll let you off regarding the yellow!!!) :smile1::smile1:

stevelou5
16-06-10, 08:59 PM
love: the styling of the mk2 with 180 kit!!! as its a real head turner just love the looks

hate: rattles and harsh ride

haGGard
17-06-10, 08:05 PM
This is an interesting thread for me who's looking at getting one :yes:

Saint Bailey
18-06-10, 11:57 AM
This is an interesting thread for me who's looking at getting one :yes:

^.^ Hope it has helped.

Huffy
18-06-10, 12:17 PM
Hmmmmmm.... Love the way it handles, looks and now with SDi, the way it goes, love the fuel consumption as its an oil burner.

Hate - the fact that it was obviously built on a friday the list of repacment parts is huge! .... having just replaced the Turbo hoses last week, its now leaking water from the rad pipe...say goodby to ?60!!!

leezs110
23-06-10, 08:30 PM
I love the style of the mk2, wanted one for ages & like the fact that i wont see one around every corner & they look sexy in iggy blue! ;)

Best of all has to be the handling, it sticks to the road like glue, loves corners & you can make owners of more expensive cars look very silly! :laugh:

Mines a 110+ so only a 1.6 but on a recent trip to Swindon i clocked 160 miles over weekend & only used ?15 worth of fuel! :)

The interior rattles are a bit annoying but get used to that & i may sound like a grandad here but think the suspension is a tad too hard over rough road surfaces which makes for a hard ride! :blush:

However to anyone thinking of buying a ZS you`d be hard pushed to find better value for money, you are getting a lot of car for not that much dosh....work it out for yourself...........its simples! :D

SheppeyTrio
23-06-10, 08:43 PM
Love:- Everything about my Mk2

Hate:- Selling it!!!!!!!! :no: :cry:

Marky Mark
24-06-10, 11:23 AM
Love the sound of the V6, and turns alot of heads, and how it catches quite a few peeps out how quick it is. The handling is awesome. :clap:

I dislike the fact you can't tune the 180 much unless you have a pot full of money! Wish the Mark 1 straights were easier to clean sometimes.

Jay-ZS+
24-06-10, 11:27 AM
Hate the fact there was so much work needed.

Love the fact its all being done!:bounce: Will be a great zs once those who know what they are doing are done!! :D

peterzs
24-06-10, 12:08 PM
Bet you cant wait to get your hands on it again!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Jay-ZS+
24-06-10, 12:10 PM
Oh definatly, got to say a big thumbsup to george for all the work that has gone into it. :thumbsup: Had a few hidden horrors that werent expected, when finished the whole car will have had a overhaul!!!

Then I can get started on some body work ;)

peterzs
24-06-10, 12:14 PM
Thats why you need the two new jobs!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

daytona365
24-06-10, 12:45 PM
Love: The engine noise, and the stares. The yellow does stand out.

Hate: The awful turning circle, and reversing is such a chore with that spoiler!!

Martin_H
24-06-10, 01:22 PM
Love: the fact that a ZS is different to everything else on the road today

Hate: hearing everyone warn me about imminent head gasket failure!

Saint Bailey
25-06-10, 06:14 AM
Love: the fact that a ZS is different to everything else on the road today

Hate: hearing everyone warn me about imminent head gasket failure!

I know right!! My mates were telling me that if the ballbarians were taken out of the headgasket then it's not even an issue. Anyone know if this is factual?

MG 53 ZED
27-06-10, 12:26 PM
:whip:

Love the colour Yellow stands out, sheer driving pleasure of this car and the gear changes are so smooth, fuel consumption is outstanding.

Hate turning circle on the car, electric window switches.