PDA

View Full Version : mk 2 17" zs 180 alloys ?

roverdave81
18-06-10, 09:00 PM
what sort of price are the mk2 17" zs 180 alloys worth for a set of 4 with out tyres in good condition

Saint Bailey
19-06-10, 04:08 AM
I'd personally hazard a guess at 160-200 without tyres and in good condition.

Stephen
19-06-10, 11:55 AM
I'd personally hazard a guess at 160-200 without tyres and in good condition.

Add another ?200 to that :)

Phate
19-06-10, 03:07 PM
See, people think these wheels are worth a bloody fortune. They REALLY aren't.

They are just a 17" mulitspoke alloy made by a company who don't exist anymore. If they were special in some way, like they proper seperate themselves by having wise sentances preached by the boss of MG laser engraved around the edge I'd say yes, they are worth the money.

But they don't and aren't. Wouldn't pay more than ?200 for a set tbh :)

rbull51
19-06-10, 03:24 PM
See, people think these wheels are worth a bloody fortune. They REALLY aren't.

They are just a 17" mulitspoke alloy made by a company who don't exist anymore. If they were special in some way, like they proper seperate themselves by having wise sentances preached by the boss of MG laser engraved around the edge I'd say yes, they are worth the money.

But they don't and aren't. Wouldn't pay more than ?200 for a set tbh :)

If you can get these alloys for ?200 without tyres you have done very well!! People value the wheels highly because there was not that many made before they went bust compared with the other styles. Plus they are very good looking alloys!!!

Phate
19-06-10, 03:26 PM
If you can get these alloys for ?200 without tyres you have done very well!! People value the wheels highly because there was not that many made before they went bust compared with the other styles. Plus they are very good looking alloys!!!

I've seen sets going for various moneys, from the point of reasonable, to stupid. IE 0 ?200 - ?450.

No way would I pay out ?450. I'd rather spend the money on a set of Pro Race 1.2's - lighter, improve handling and acceleration and subject to opinion, look great :)