PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Up For A DRIFT PROJECT

Headers
24-09-07, 06:36 PM
Hello all, obviously there are a few of us on the south coast so I had an idea, I am currently in the possesion of a 1990 200SX 1.8 16v Turbo, I am seriously considering getting into drifting next year and wondered if anyone on the site was interested in helping me or becomming a part of a team for this forum ( with there permission of course )next year.

The catch I have to move the 200SX into a garage / barn so

1. It's kept of the road and requires no tax
2. We can strip it down to minimal weight
3. We can source parts from friends and family

The more people we have conected to this the better and I would love nothing more then having theMGZS.co.uk sitckers blazed across her.

I love my MG like we all do but how refreshing would it be to see an MGZS driver giving it large to all the other Drift cars, as they say it's part of the scene.

Let me know if you would like be a part of it or know someone who has a barn etc where it would be cheap to get the work done.

I have email's of the car if anyone would like to PM me I'll send by email.

Plan is to fit a GTS 2.5 single turbe skyline engine and box to it !! should be rude !!

Craig
24-09-07, 06:49 PM
cool! i wish i lived closer to get in on that mate. Maybe we can sort something out, always good to get the name about :D

Headers
24-09-07, 06:56 PM
I know it sounds like I am trying to win people over but since I have been on the scene for the last 12 months I have regretted the fact I an in my 30's and only now discovering how much I love the racing scene.

The car is absolutley standard at the moment and I was thinking about turning up to events in Santa Pod etc where if we had meets etc any one belonging to the forum could arrange for a small cost for fuel and tyres etc to have them and or there friends not only be a passenger but actually giving it a go.

Would be a wicked way to adertise the site and who knows we might even be good enough at some point to get into D1 you never know ayy.

Now I knopw for a fact Stamford is pretty much the Daddy when it comes down to mechanincs etc and he lives 5 miles away what do you say Stamford could get you racing again without all the expense ??

Craig
24-09-07, 06:58 PM
I know it sounds like I am trying to win people over

dont be daft mate, it sounds like a fantastic idea

Headers
24-09-07, 07:01 PM
Send me your email address and I'll send you the pictures even thought about the colour Yellow with Trophy blue MGZS stickers all over the place with Trophy bule wheels ??

Headers
24-09-07, 07:05 PM
Could even set up a thread of the progress etc , thing everyone would want to be a part of it and what a great way to advertise theMGZS.co.uk site, Atleast it's something that has not happened on any other yet !!

Craig
24-09-07, 07:05 PM
absolutely mate, it will be a sticky too :D

:D

Headers
24-09-07, 07:08 PM
I know I maybe be stupid but how does a thread become a sticky ONE !! and what does that mean ?? apart from it's sticky

Craig
24-09-07, 07:09 PM
just means its always at the top of a section, mod job lol

Headers
24-09-07, 07:39 PM
Oh right still kind 've getting used to the lingo, I am going to be going to Ringwood and hoping a few MGZS owners from this site are going to be there, I am certainly going to plug the site for us and also try and get some interest regarding getting this project of the mark the most expensive thing is the car I have that all I need is some commited people to give a helping hand and pretty much next season there be 2 cars turning up my ZS Turbo and the other a drift spec 200 SX !! Can't wait it would be wicked ayy

alba15031
24-09-07, 08:17 PM
I would like to be able to help you where in the south are you . what sort of things were you thinking of doing .

Headers
24-09-07, 08:39 PM
I live in Portsmouth so I am quite Central, to be fair the hardest thing is going to be stripping the car and prepping it for a fibreglass kit etc, I am thinking of removing all the panels and replacing them with fibreglass ones, but obviosly I am still learning.

I have the car in my parking space at home where my MG should live and I have to find a garage or something similar to start getting the work done.

The good thing is the wife is really into drifting so tea would be on hand the majoirty of the time.

I suppose the most important thing to begin with is going on the scrounge for things like bucket seats strut braces etc i really want to get this started and really don't want to be spending 1,000's though I have a few quid tucked by for essentials like a GTS lump and gearbox.

It can be fitted by is not an easy install as the prop needs modifying as to doies the gearbox tunnel in the car.

Where do you live ??

Headers
24-09-07, 08:41 PM
Drop a PM with you email address and I will send you the pictures of her, as soon as you see her you'll realise this is a decent car solid, not an MOT failure and I have already spent 500 on a tune and brakes service etc, jsut feel she is being wasted and want to give her the chance to strut her stuff with the BIG biys what do you reckon ??:yikes:

stamford
24-09-07, 08:55 PM
Ist thing...............Craig, what you done with your user name? :huh:

2nd thing............as soon as I read this I thought :hmmm: and then I read a bit further and thought ******! The wife won't like this ;)

Will have to get together and have a chat mate, I'm down in Pompey this weekend, at the mother-in-laws to paint her bay, pm me your details and we'll meet up for a coffee and a chat ;)

Headers
24-09-07, 08:59 PM
Hello Stamford !! if you PM your email I'll send all the pictures and if you want you can have a look over the car as it is in Portsmouth anyway, I was kind've hoping that as long as we kept the cash down to a minimal it was something that maybe we could both take on board or I can do this with some help and guidance. I have pretty much made up my mind this is what I want for my car and I would rather turn her to a drift car then try and create a show car etc. I have the car all I need is some people with the time. UI'll also PM my numbers address etc and would be more then happy to meet up when ever and what ever time work permitting.

Should be good espiecally for next year at some meets etc.

Matt

Craig
24-09-07, 09:01 PM
im uploading the piccies just now Matt.

Craig
24-09-07, 09:09 PM
pics in members cars now

mart
24-09-07, 10:36 PM
I take it you mean the Burnin Bournemouth bash at matchams I'll be there hope more MGZS members will aswell should be a good bash:music::music:

Boot Hill Bandit
25-09-07, 12:36 AM
You should go on the 200SX forum and look for Gerry Poore.......he was one of 'our' karting drivers and works for Halfrauds.......he developed a drift car for them and also has 2 or 3 of the cars himself......hes a total petrol head and a genius with his car.........he uses his on track days by the way.

If you can't find him there........then I will try and introduce you to him but I warn you........hes not the fastest guy at getting back to you hehe!

Smitten Jim

Leasky
25-09-07, 09:14 AM
nice project i had a 94 mazda rx7 fd3s for a bit for drifting but far to greedy on fuel lol
give it your best me old son