PDA

View Full Version : zs turbo

drewbles
27-06-10, 12:50 PM
hi all im just after some advice as im quite keen on turbo power, now i would just go out and buy a turbo car but completely love my zs so i started thinkin along the lines of just dropping the 2.0 t series engine in i was just wondering what my best way to do it would be, eg buy parts separately or get a donor car etc and the other thing would be wiring loom as my zs has the climate control on so dont know if any of the turbo cars had it on, also how much am i lookin at spending roughly dont want nothin mad like carmadbakers(as nice as his car is) 220-240bhp would suit me just fine any help and advice would be much appreciated cheers Andy

noodles-zs
27-06-10, 03:24 PM
u will need a donor turbo car, 220 or 620 etc or atleast the complete engine, box, loom.......... then u will need a donor 96 onwards rover 420 bubble for the engine mounts, pas pipes and coolant pipes etc also u may need to sent the ecu away to get decoded depending on what one it is? then the loom. i had my 1.6 out and the t16 in in a morrning but the wiring was not so simple! not sure bout the climate but if you want to keep a/c u will need to make sure the doner 420 has it so u can use the pipe work and compressor if the turbo lump dont!
:cap:

RalphG
28-06-10, 02:09 PM
Mk2 ZS turbo conversion will be fun! Most people start with a car that has the 5AS, rather than SCU, as it makes life so much easier...

carmadbaker
28-06-10, 04:04 PM
dont want nothin mad like carmadbakers(as nice as his car is) 220-240bhp would suit me just fine any help and advice would be much appreciated cheers Andy

ha ha awesome :P You know youv'e made a stupidly powerful awesome car when you get comments like that :evil: ha ha!

If your local your welcome to come have a look, not a problem. any questions ask away i'll do my best to answer :)

drewbles
28-06-10, 04:51 PM
Mk2 ZS turbo conversion will be fun! Most people start with a car that has the 5AS, rather than SCU, as it makes life so much easier...

lol sorry to be thick mate dont know what 5AS and SCU mean yeah i think mk2 turbo will be fun i love the looks of it an how it drives and that but miss turbo power

drewbles
28-06-10, 05:06 PM
ha ha awesome :P You know youv'e made a stupidly powerful awesome car when you get comments like that :evil: ha ha!

If your local your welcome to come have a look, not a problem. any questions ask away i'll do my best to answer :)

cheers mate much appreciated as i said your car is the nuts and it looks awesome but have a kid on the way so want to keep it reasonably sensible but with obviously a bit more gogo

RudeDogg1
28-06-10, 05:07 PM
he doesnt mean fun as in fun he means it will be a pain in the arse and a **** to do lol

Ritchy
28-06-10, 05:20 PM
theres a guy across on xpf with a mk2 zs turbo, hes from south wales, bridgend

carmadbaker
28-06-10, 05:34 PM
my simple advice wud b to keep the ZS loom and ecu exactly as it is, dont touch it, then buy an omex 600 ecu and prebuilt wiring loom (from omex) literally needs the alternator, starter motor and fuel pump wired up and hey presto.... all of your zs features and a turbo lump with potential for lots of power (as much as you like!)

petet16
28-06-10, 06:47 PM
If you want to keep the climate you'll need a T16 with aircon otherwise sourcing the different mounting bracket for the alt/aircon compressor can get a bit expensive.

Keeping the condensor rad may rule out using a fmic as well.