PDA

View Full Version : How much is this worth?

Maxxed_Ross
25-09-07, 04:44 PM
my mate is planning on selling his 51 plate Mk1 ZS 180 this week as he has a company car and has offered me first refusal.

It's Solar red, white powder coated straights, brand new tyres all round, de-cat exhaust system, racing cams and some other powerflow goodies

It's just had the vis valves done recently and is only sitting at 40k miles

Full (and it even has the print outs) service history, previous lady owner from new, new pads last year some time. The odd ding on the body but nothing that can't be fixed.

he said he'll put it through the MOT and stick 6 months tax on it...

he wants £3700... sound about right?

cheers

Steves Cleenz
25-09-07, 04:46 PM
i would say its worth that with all the goodies it has on it, i paid £4000 for my 52 plate a few months back

stamford
25-09-07, 05:10 PM
Sounds a good price considering its history. We all know the extras count for nowt on any car, but in this case they can be plus's.

arwilson80
25-09-07, 10:49 PM
Doesn't sound too bad, but you just might be able to haggle him down a little more. :)

Nothing to loose by trying... right?

Maxxed_Ross
26-09-07, 09:39 AM
I said i could give him £3k in cash right now as that's all I have but he wants a bit more... and me being out of work at them moment makes things even worse!

I'll try for £3.5 and see what happens :fishing:

Robstar
26-09-07, 10:13 AM
sounds well worth it to me

MyOtherCarsAnMX5
26-09-07, 12:00 PM
You could always show him the price on Parker's price check website and try and haggle him down, but of course the price on the website does not include the extras. http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=21446&plate=68&buysell=buy

stamford
26-09-07, 01:47 PM
One thing that has just occurred to me.................seeing that it is a 51 plater, has it had it's cambelts done? As these are due at 90k miles or 6 years, whatever comes soonest. We are talking a big job here between £450 and £800 depending upon where you go. It's not one for the amateur due to the special tools required and complexity, three belts and a tensioner assembly to change.

I would guess that is the reason they are selling it and hope no-one knows what is required and when.

Maxxed_Ross
26-09-07, 02:43 PM
ooo good shout, I'll ask about that. it's only on or around 40K so the 6 years will be first

here's some pics I took this afternoon of it

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC_1122.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC_1120.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC_1119.jpg

it's needing good polish to bring the colour back up, but the wheels were done when he got it last year and are still perfect. The interior looks brand new... looks like the standard leather seats with the red panelling on the sides.

Z Scotland
26-09-07, 09:07 PM
Looks very smart m8 tell him if it was a saloon it would fetch a bit more :greedy:..LOL

stamford
26-09-07, 09:54 PM
That is a tidy looking hatch there sir!

Also great to see them white alloys.................was wondering what they would look like as I am considering getting mine powder coated white. :hmmm:

Dave MGT
27-09-07, 07:50 PM
Sounds a nice spec.

If hes had different cams fitted he may have changes the belts at the same time. If not that will be due now on a 51 plate..............£££

sduk
27-09-07, 08:27 PM
is that a CAF in the front fog?

Maxxed_Ross
29-09-07, 10:05 AM
it is indeed

It has alot of parts out of Andrew Morrisons old V6 ZR Race Car in it, I'll find out for sure what. I know it deffo has cams, a fancy filter and intake plentum thingy (whatever that is)

He also recently put a brand new intake manifold on it as the vis valves were getting a bit noisy.

But overall you guys recon it's a good buy?

I think it's a good starting point for me and I could look into a mk2 once I get used to this

sduk
29-09-07, 10:06 AM
would you put your new alloys on it mate? it could be a very nice car with a bit of subtle styling to go with the engine works.

does it mean you would be on our site alot more tho ;)

Maxxed_Ross
29-09-07, 10:10 AM
Well I dunno if I'd keep the ZR the way it is or return to standard and sell it

I'm thinking I keep the ZR as the poser with the bling and ICE and keep the ZS for fun and speed! First thing I'd do is get it on some Eibachs!

Would me being here be a bad thing???

Boot Hill Bandit
29-09-07, 10:31 AM
Fookin gorgeous car dude! Solar Red is the choice of champions.......(I reckon I am champion so there! :happy: )

Loving the wheels......at least I now know what white wheels look like on the car.......I reckon Ralph is right now......'off white' would be better as bright white is very overpowering on the car.....all the same......what a beaut!

One day my car may look as nice as that! :rofl:

Smitten Jim

alba15031
29-09-07, 03:45 PM
I think you are right there jim best colour lol

Boot Hill Bandit
29-09-07, 04:25 PM
Maybe I should buy it and keep it as my T car :hmmm: either that or use it for spares....... :slap:

Thats one damn nice car.......found a new dent today.......just in front of the sunroof......god damn it!?! I must have bought my car with a blindfold and ear defenders! :slap:

Oh well.......took her through Medway Tunnel and OH MY GOD! :yikes: coming through! :innocent: :clap: she does make a lot of noise :clap: childish I know......but hey......I need to stay young somehow!

Smitten Jim

Maxxed_Ross
29-09-07, 05:13 PM
This guy always seem to wash his car same day as me and takes it for a wee blast after to get the water off.... my god it sounds awesome screaming down the road behind my house

then it pops and bangs all the way down our street to his drive... wish mine sounded like that

stamford
29-09-07, 07:14 PM
Pops and bangs...................love it :D