PDA

View Full Version : Twin Exhausts.

Squeaks
05-07-10, 04:10 PM
Hi all.

Could be about to make a Mega change to my plans of selling the 180.

so just been thinking about something.

while looking for a replacement ive seen afew forsale with the twin exhausts out the back.

what i want to know is what sort of a job is it to do. what parts would i need and is it 1 whole exhaust or will i need to get another powerflow backbox etc. i have no idea what the job is like to do, so any help on the subject will be great.

to all those who wonder what im upto, good question i have no idea. was selling the 180 for a diesel. but the diesel sold before i had sold the 180.
now tempted by a mk1 180 but just been out and started the mk2 180 and thinking hmmmmmmmmmm nice. so yeah i have no idea what so ever what im doing. lol. :whistle:

StragglaSteve
05-07-10, 04:21 PM
If you take the car to Powerflow they can sort out fitting the duel exhaust

you may not need to buy a whole new system if you already have a system by them, as the duel exhaust uses a 2nd back box which connect in via a split pipe just before the main backbox...

the 2nd backbox should be a smaller box, obviously with a matching tail pipe ;)

they should also be able to cut the approriate hole in your back bumper, but will be upto you to get your hands on a 2nd heatshield.

Squeaks
05-07-10, 04:26 PM
is it a expensive thing to do ?

Ritchy
05-07-10, 04:49 PM
where do you get the left hand heat shield for a mark 2?

Bobdope2002
05-07-10, 04:52 PM
you dont ritchy....... buy a right one and get the exhaust fitter to modify it to fit like mine did

Dan mine cost ?330 all in both backboxes all the pipework and a decat so just depends what powerflow place you go to or who you have build the system

Squeaks
05-07-10, 06:14 PM
I dont know where powerflow works from so will have to do more investigating.

Ritchy
05-07-10, 06:17 PM
duplex ke them still available im sure:) mot custom exhaust places will make you one up