PDA

View Full Version : Big Photo opportunity this weekend

mrt_04
26-09-07, 02:05 PM
Heading to g/f parentals this weekend (i'm running Flexistowe 1/2 marathon). Staying overnight.

Taking camera for strategic pics of her Dad's Noble, AM Vanquish & R Rover (if not in garage again!!!).

Going to delicately place the ZS in middle for 'Best of British' shot.

My question is......is the Range Rover British???....should I include it???. It's the new shape Sport variant.

Your comments please guys???

stamford
26-09-07, 06:45 PM
This is one of those questions that can turn to debate and go on for ages.................where do you draw the line at what is British? AM, is that still part of Ford? if so that's American then!

Get in there and say this is working class British! ;)

Mat C
26-09-07, 07:01 PM
Very true Stamford ! The Noble may be a British engineering project but it is made in South Africa and has a Ford engine - Ford's American but the engine (ST220 3 litre V6) was actually designed by Porsche ! So what nationality does that make the Noble ?! Mixed identity !

Range Rover is German owned and has a German engine. Its German then !

Aston again has a Ford Engine - in effect 2 ST220 units welded end to end ! Was American owned too. But it's still assembled in Britain and the engine was (re)enginered in Britain. Anglo-American then !

And then we come to old faithful - the ZS ! Based upon an ageing Japanese hatchback, at least the 4 door saloon is unique to the British industry ! British engine that's for sure, British assembled, British interior and most of it's components too. It's British alright - but more so the 4 door !! :D

mrt_04
26-09-07, 08:04 PM
My God, I have just travelled the world!!!!
Ownership is so complicated these days. Whatever happened to the British taxpayer coughing up!!!!!!!

I certainly learned quite a bit there.....thanks guys. The debate with g/f's Dad will continue over weekend.........and he is an organic farmer type as well.......what's his carbon footprint!!!!!!!!