PDA

View Full Version : 40,000 mile service

Rocket Red
09-07-10, 05:10 PM
just had the service done wallet is a bit lighter :yikes: car feels a bit better, cat replacement pipe is being fitted next week and mot is due on the 21st july and had to buy tax this month aswell not been a cheap month :cry:

Maxfly
09-07-10, 05:15 PM
just had the service done wallet is a bit lighter :yikes: car feels a bit better, cat replacement pipe is being fitted next week and mot is due on the 21st july and had to buy tax this month aswell not been a cheap month :cry:

lol why does everything land at the same time eh?? Had this myself last month, wallet still bruised lol :D

R8NMG
10-07-10, 09:05 AM
not been a cheap month :cry:

It's always the case everything come at once, service, MOT, insurance, road tax.

peterzs
10-07-10, 06:24 PM
Guess how much to drop the oil, fit new oil filter and new oil, in a derv??? Local cheap garage!!

?77.00 incl VAT.

I've got an oil sucker but after 2 years thought I had better get the sludge out of the bottom of the sump. As we live on a hill, didnt fancy jacking it up to remove the sump plug and filter. Used to do it at our fully fitted out workshop, old oil tank, old filter bin etc. Dont realise how usefull it was untill it was gone.

Anyway took it to National ?45 plus ?10 for sump tray removal?? less ?5 voucher. Bit different to just buying the oil and a filter and banging it on.

:):):)

Ritchy
10-07-10, 06:35 PM
id hate paying someone to fix my car lol

Rocket Red
10-07-10, 07:32 PM
id hate paying someone to fix my car lol

i normally fix all my own cars but it's got a full service history and i would like to keep it that way, and i only get one day off a week :whip:

Ritchy
10-07-10, 07:38 PM
id only hate it because im in the trade meself, mind you maybe lots of people are thinking the same been mega quiet last 2 weeks, quietest its ever been