PDA

View Full Version : *********wife********

happpyman94
10-07-10, 05:37 PM
Hi all, i am a new member on here, just bought my 2nd 180.

1 small problem, which i hope you can help me with????

Do i let wife drive it?? she has already slated the colour (trophy yellow)

How many people would let there wives drive theres, also are there any female members??

Im not sexist:sly: but women drivers can be.........erm you know.

Any feedback would be great!! :)

Ritchy
10-07-10, 05:39 PM
ask L4 CWD, i wouldnt let me missus drive mine

KevG
10-07-10, 05:43 PM
My misses is insured to drive mine but refuses to, as she kerbed an alloy before.

Ritchy
10-07-10, 05:44 PM
lol i can imagine your face kev

roverdave81
10-07-10, 05:44 PM
mine's lucky i let her ride shotgun
and will never get in the drivers seat

nath86
10-07-10, 05:45 PM
My missis drives mine, (she's only been driving 3 yrs) and i have to say she is the only person i trust driving it!!!

happpyman94
10-07-10, 05:46 PM
Rover dave, your well funny!!!! :):)

Dan1971
10-07-10, 05:48 PM
My Mrs only ever drives me when I'm p1ssed.

Ritchy
10-07-10, 05:54 PM
My Mrs only ever drives me when I'm p1ssed.

quite a lot then:P

SharronB
10-07-10, 06:02 PM
women drivers can be.........erm you know.

True! some womens driving is shocking......but so is some mens lol :p

peterzs
10-07-10, 06:15 PM
Had the car over 2 years, wife on insurance but wont drive it.

:):):):)

Stephen
10-07-10, 07:01 PM
My mums on mine.

She moved it from the side of the house to the front and she kerbd my alloy. Since then shes never been in it, and refuses to drive it. My dad on the other hand! He doesnt drive it but any chance he has, he always trys to take it!

I am the only driver :)

Maxfly
10-07-10, 07:15 PM
girlfriend is insured on mine but has a fear of driving it as she knows what would happen if she damaged it lol. She has driven it only about 4 times lol :D

will-w
10-07-10, 08:37 PM
I let Laura drive mine all the time, she's only ever had one accident in any of my cars and that wasn't really her fault...

My Prelude was lowered (rather a lot) and Laura was driving rather briskly down a bumpy lane and bottomed it.. The sump actually had big graze marks down it and was dented, so was quite an impact! lol

stamford
10-07-10, 11:16 PM
Kathy tried once, seat all the way forward, all the way up and still couldn't reach the pedals safely, think the zed might have moved about a metre! :laugh:

That was the only time, now there is no chance as it has a bucket seat and harness, think there is a couple of 'obstacles' in the way of the front straps :whistle: shame.........................:sly:

Anyhow it scares her now, too noisy, too bumpy and too fast............

scottforsyth
11-07-10, 05:47 AM
would never let anyone drive mine if they want to drive one get there own

Ritchy
11-07-10, 09:38 AM
ive drove yours scott lol

p_b82
11-07-10, 03:15 PM
GF wont drive mine - she is too scared of it...

she is also extremely scared of damaging it, i think it would do her good to get to drive a decent car in order to get a bit more road craft, as her 206 handles like it has jelly for suspension and the wheels are conencted to the steering wheel by rubber bands :laugh:

However i would be petrified of her driving it on anything other than a motorway, as her spacial awareness is not great and a nice deserted B road might result in meeting traffic etc...

With all that said she is not insured on it, so it is all irrelevant.... i however get the 'pleasure' of being able to drive hers any time she doesn't want to drive - eg most the time.

Hambo-180
11-07-10, 03:50 PM
women should never be allowed to drive unless they are dropping off or picking up their husbands or partners from the pub or sporting events and they should use their own car!!! :laugh:

Boot Hill Bandit
11-07-10, 05:49 PM
women should never be allowed to drive unless they are dropping off or picking up their husbands or partners from the pub or sporting events and they should use their own car!!! :laugh:

**** me where is that ejector seat button when you need it :look:

I'M OUTTA HERE!!! lol

MG6Turbo
11-07-10, 05:55 PM
Wife is so sexist.

What if you are gay ?

My boyfriend drives all my cars, hes insured and if anything happens then its covered no matter what.

Its only metal unlike your partners, who are not as easily replaced !

G

jmcleavy
11-07-10, 06:47 PM
My other half is insured for my ZS180 but she has never driven it, she has a rover 25 and was scared to death of my old ZR so god knows what she would be like in the 180

happpyman94
11-07-10, 06:56 PM
didnt mean to be sexist, just asking coz of my situation. still cant decide!!

Willie Eckerslike
11-07-10, 08:03 PM
Mine's a mk1 180 sunspot yellow ( i think thats what its called) and the missus drives it daily as I'm on my motorbike. All was well until she was too busy chatting to her friend, pulled out and t-boned a poxy 106!!!!!! New headlamp and a bit of radging and she's ok................Car not the wife!!!!!!!LOL

Dan1971
11-07-10, 08:24 PM

:rofl:

SharronB
11-07-10, 08:53 PM

:look: I'd be accidentally on purpose clipping you, as i dropped you off if i were your other half! lol :p

daytona365
11-07-10, 10:44 PM
Get rid of the wife. I did!!!!! Bought my Trophy Yellow 180 after divorced, first time she saw it. "Dont like the colour!!!!!!!!!!!!"
No wife so my choice lol..........

Hambo-180
12-07-10, 08:09 AM
Wife is so sexist.

What if you are gay ?

My boyfriend drives all my cars, hes insured and if anything happens then its covered no matter what.

Its only metal unlike your partners, who are not as easily replaced !

G

thats why i said "partners" as we live in modern times.....:smart:

RalphG
12-07-10, 12:15 PM
I've lent my R400 turbo to my GF for 4 days. She's also driven the SV-R. :ohmy: In return, I get to drive her Maestro diesel :smurf:

benedwards64
12-07-10, 07:05 PM
My wife had a drive in my old Supra turbo... it scared her so much she won't go anywhere near my cars now!! She does only drive a 1.4 Puma to be fair...

Jay-ZS+
12-07-10, 07:44 PM
My wife had a drive in my old Supra turbo... it scared her so much she won't go anywhere near my cars now!! She does only drive a 1.4 Puma to be fair...

Same here, I ask the missus if she wanted to be included on the insurance on mine this year but its too big for her. She drives a 1.3 swift and the zs scares her! :laugh:

But id definatly let her drive it, they way she drives its safer in her hands than mine :evil: Although id have to park it for her!! :rofl:

jockfraz
14-07-10, 07:51 AM
My wife drives mine too. We had a fabia vrs and swapped it for a vectra 1.8 petrol when we got our dog, the first thing she said was its got no balls I want the vrs back!! So she loves driving my zs said she can stay in bed longer as she can get to work faster in it.

StragglaSteve
14-07-10, 08:15 AM
i let my mum drive my zs once...

needed her to pick it up from the garage after it had had its service...

she reversed it into a pole!

luckily the damage was just a crease on the n/s of the rear bumper. But nobody (but me) is allowed to drive the car now!

gothbob84
14-07-10, 10:31 PM
I've lent my R400 turbo to my GF for 4 days. She's also driven the SV-R. :ohmy: In return, I get to drive her Maestro diesel :smurf:

I managed to drive your cars with no problems (well i stalled the SV-R but the clutch was a bit different than the car i drove earlier that day a 1.6 Maestro!) but you have still not go the hang of when to change gear in my car as it has no rev counter :tease:

Ritchy
14-07-10, 10:40 PM
dont need a rev counter to know when to change lol

RalphG
15-07-10, 03:13 PM
6,000 rpm in a diesel :fez:

Smokie
15-07-10, 04:39 PM
my wife has driven and crashed both of my ZS180's both minor bumps. As Jay has said though the car is probably safer in her hands than mine. i say that as both of her bumps where minor and not a lot to sort out if i ever crash it will be a 1/2 mile wreckage of zs bits.

ex X Power
15-07-10, 11:34 PM
What a question!!

Its a ZS not a Bugatti.

My other half always drives my cars and fortunately for me she lets me drive hers, she did have an S2000 and has just chopped it in for an E46 M3 cab.

Sure she's not as confident as I am but she's still a mighty capable driver

stamford
16-07-10, 07:26 AM
As said earlier my wife tried and gave up, if she could she wouldn't as she doesn't like it, too noisey and too quick! She hasn't even driven the Discovery yet! I hardly get a look in with her MGF, she's in a world of her own driving that! She won't come on track days either, I think the fundays at the local ovals put her off when we fitted passenger seats! :laugh: scared the crap out of her, funday my arse! :D

dvid
16-07-10, 01:11 PM
Wife drove mine more than me, 2 punctures in same tyre and some kerbing later and I revoked her privelages

ZS
16-07-10, 01:46 PM
My X Wife drove my car once... I divorced her almost immediately afterwards!!!