PDA

View Full Version : Uneven brake wear!!

Jay-ZS+
12-07-10, 12:42 PM
Decided as I had a free hour this morning id investigate the grinding noise I was getting, pined it down to the r/n/s wheel thought either bearings or brakes.

So jacked it up took the hand break off and spun the wheel and it sounded as iff the disc was rubbing. Assumed the caliper had seized. So took it apart and look at the state of the pads!! The one on the left in the inner pad on the right the outer pad!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/002.jpg

Seems I will need new pads! lol :ohmy: The disc seems fine no signs of wear on the inside, guess I caught it just in time.

Anyway wound the piston back on the caliper, greased the pads up and put them back in, in reverse figured it will get me by untill I get round to replacing them.

If anyone has a set of rear calipers let me know as going to replace everything. As they have done a few miles!!

For some of the sharper eyed people out there, theres another thing to notice in that pic ;)

stamford
12-07-10, 12:47 PM
My Discovery did the very same, found the pins were semi-seized thus not floating as they should.

Jay-ZS+
12-07-10, 12:49 PM
Yer Im gonna try and source some replacements so that I can paint them to match the calipers going on the fronts and then I will refurb the old ones and keep them to one side!

Not quite sure how effective my handbrake is now seems very light!! so Leaving the car in gear for the time being.

stamford
12-07-10, 01:02 PM
For some of the sharper eyed people out there, theres another thing to notice in that pic ;)

The fence needs treating........................

Jay-ZS+
12-07-10, 01:12 PM
The fence needs treating........................

Nope :)

Besides its a rented place Im not doing any work to it!!

ljr09
12-07-10, 01:20 PM
is that a mans face drawn in the dust on the roof ?????????

Jay-ZS+
12-07-10, 01:28 PM
is that a mans face drawn in the dust on the roof ?????????

No but your much closer!! Yes the car needs a clean but theres a reason for that!

ljr09
12-07-10, 01:49 PM
if you turn the picture to the right it looks just like a face just to the right of the pads lol, go on then put us out of our misery then !!!!!!

petet16
12-07-10, 02:07 PM
The hedge in the background needs a tidy up:rofl:

petet16
12-07-10, 02:11 PM
xpg zs minus decals perhaps

Jay-ZS+
12-07-10, 02:17 PM
xpg zs minus decals perhaps

:thumbsup: Blends in a little more now :)