PDA

View Full Version : A couple of issues on the zrs

l11ke
12-07-10, 09:01 PM
On my mk1:
1. the boot doesnt shut properly, have to slam it 3 or 4 times for it to shut.
2. When it does shut and i lock the car, the boot doesnt lock.
3. Brake light in window isnt working, is it just a bulb or something
4. the flap to pull the rear double seat down has broken off, can you just get another?

On my mk2:
The alarm isnt working properly, the hazard flash but there isnt any noise. Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Luke

Ritchy
12-07-10, 09:17 PM
boot not shutting try adjusting the striker plate, i dont know why it wouldnt lock is the actuator connected properly?
possibly the bulb for the high level but youd need to look n see
the alarm sounds like a soggy sounder, take the unit out(under the expansion tank, take to bits, if waters in it empty it, clean the circuit board with contact cleaner, remove the battery from it as well nd let it sit a minute, then reconnect it all up and try it(look at the board to see if its burned though if it does have water)
if its all fine n working take it out n put some hylomar round the seal and screw back together and rebuild

l11ke
12-07-10, 09:47 PM
where would the actuator be mate?

Ritchy
12-07-10, 09:52 PM
in the bootlid itself, is it a zr or zs?

l11ke
12-07-10, 10:07 PM
zr mate

l11ke
12-07-10, 10:08 PM
where is the sounder on the zr?

Ritchy
12-07-10, 10:09 PM
some of the mk1 the boot doesnt lock with the fob unfortunatly mate, take off the cover n look see if there is an acuator there

i dont know if the zr has the same fault with the sounder as the zs, its at the top right hand corner of the engine bay

Southside_ZS
12-07-10, 10:19 PM
Common problem on the ZR for the boot not to shut, on the inside of the tailgate remove the black plastic trim (2 small self tapping screws then just tug it as its pushed in with clips) Behind where the boot lock sits you'll see a metal arm with a spring on it that releases the boot catch when you push the lock in. You'll probably notice its rusted to hell and getting stuck preventing the boot catch from locking properly

Spray loads of wd40 on that then keep working it back and forth by hand until it springs back by itself. Refit trim and should all work fine again.

coreygraham180
12-07-10, 10:37 PM
as always wd40 to the rescue...lol