PDA

View Full Version : Ford focus Zetec Climate 1.8 TDCi

Dan1971
13-07-10, 07:18 AM
Long shot - but you never know - tell your family about it !

2008 "57" - 26K - 5 dr manual in Met Grey. FSH - 2nd service having been done only done last month by my local main dealer. Company then my father-in-law before me have owned it. I've been using it for a few months now and on a 50 mile A road stop-start commute, have been getting 48mpg. Surprisingly nippy too.

Alloys, A/C, heated screen, Aux in for i-pod etc.

Can send pics, but it's just a standard Focus. Has a scratch of about 4 inches on the lower part of the rear nearside passenger door. Sounds worse than it is - hardly noticeable really. Currently on a private plate so once a sale agreed, allow 2 weeks for it to be processed back onto it's "57"

Advertised here as I'd consider taking your ZS hatch as PX, but have to say that I would prefer cash as I want "The Red devil"

?7,750 ono

Cheers

Jay-ZS+
13-07-10, 07:23 AM
:laugh: took longer than I thought tbh.

Jims cars a right bargin, couldnt go wrong there!

stamford
13-07-10, 07:50 AM
He did well, but surprised all the same. I thought you would have stuck with it Dan considering how new it is and the economy etc. What is it about the ZS that makes you want more over newer cars?

peterzs
13-07-10, 08:41 AM
I reckon its the ZS itch.

Better hurry up, thought Jim would be better off swapping engines and breaking the Red Devil!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan1971
13-07-10, 12:06 PM
He did well, but surprised all the same. I thought you would have stuck with it Dan considering how new it is and the economy etc. What is it about the ZS that makes you want more over newer cars?

Bottom line is value to be honest. A good - well maintained ZS will always be worth ?2K ish. I've had the Focus for a couple of months and reckon it's dipped in value. It'll just keep going the longer I have it. (Hmmm , not a good selling point really). My Mrs has a new car, do we both need cars so new - I don't think so.

The other thing is that where I had the ZS and used the train - I spent very little on fuel really - just the fun stuff :D. Now that I've got the focus, I'm actually spending more money running it -despite the high mpg - as I'm doing more miles driving to work. "Keep the focus then and use the train ! ", I hear you say. Well then the miles I do as "the fun stuff" isn't exactly fun. I've researched a train route to work and although it'll take longer, it's do-able.

Oh .... And .... I want to build an all-weather putting green in the back garden for the boys which will set me back about ?4K, and go on a decent holiday for my 40th. :thumbsup:

stamford
13-07-10, 12:16 PM
In a nutshell you miss the fun element :D

Nice touch about the putting green, not many people would invest in their children, well done!

daytona365
13-07-10, 06:51 PM
A ZS brings a MASSIVE smile to your face, modern cars are so boring!!! All the new ones in my garage are so soulless!!

Dan1971
13-07-10, 07:38 PM
I put it on PH a few days ago looking for an MG in px.

So far been offered - 350Z - Impreza - and I have to say I'm tempted by a Mazda 3 MPS. None of them give me enough cash-back for the putting green though.

None of them are "boring" though !

Boot Hill Bandit
14-07-10, 03:59 PM
Long shot - but you never know - tell your family about it !

2008 "57" - 26K - 5 dr manual in Met Grey. FSH - 2nd service having been done only done last month by my local main dealer. Company then my father-in-law before me have owned it. I've been using it for a few months now and on a 50 mile A road stop-start commute, have been getting 48mpg. Surprisingly nippy too.

Alloys, A/C, heated screen, Aux in for i-pod etc.

Can send pics, but it's just a standard Focus. Has a scratch of about 4 inches on the lower part of the rear nearside passenger door. Sounds worse than it is - hardly noticeable really. Currently on a private plate so once a sale agreed, allow 2 weeks for it to be processed back onto it's "57"

Advertised here as I'd consider taking your ZS hatch as PX, but have to say that I would prefer cash as I want "The Red devil"

?7,750 ono

Cheers

Hope you do manage to sell it on :bounce:

Nice of you to say that Dan :clap: really want this to go to a good home. I know another friend on here is looking into buying her and looking after her too. Either way I feel pressured to sell her and don't want to resort to ebay where some chav who has no idea what he has goes and trashes it.

Good luck with the sale fella you know where I am if you strike lucky.

Dan1971
24-07-10, 05:38 PM
Still available guys ....

Come on .... Under 3 years old - Good service history - Struggling to get UNDER 49mpg !

You know that it makes sense to off-load your gas-guzzler on me and start getting sensible !

:-D:lttd::-D