PDA

View Full Version : zs 180 remap resualts

roverdave81
17-07-10, 02:04 PM
hi ppl just got back from having the zs180 remapped by matt reidy and OOOOH yes ive now got 200bhp and 170ft-lb
wot a dif it has made to drive it, there no real dif in 1st but 2nd is out of this world plus so much faster and smoother, 3rd/4th have more grunt and 5th just dont stop pulling you and to top it off i did a all round trip of 320miles at 80 mph plus the car was taken up to a high speed on the roller 5times and when i got back got 33mpg
well happy every1 with a zs 180 should have thisdone best ?220 you will ever spend cant stop :smile1:
i would post a pic of the chart but my S**T cam just dont pic up the read out will try and get one sort for all to see

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/roverdave81/bhp.jpg

Green cotton air induction kit relocated lower down away from the rad
decat pipe
janspeed s/s middle pipe
and custom back box
NGK IRIDIUM plugs

Jay-ZS+
17-07-10, 02:23 PM
Thats a decent result, seems to vary the results, my one went down there with the previous owner and got no extra power but sorted the fueling out.

Would be intresting to see a graph to compare with micks results.

Bet your well chuffed :)

p_b82
17-07-10, 02:46 PM
more power than me but a good 100lbs-ft torque less than when Matt had worked his magic on mine :)

Glad to see another happy MG/Rover driver after going to see Matt.

roverdave81
17-07-10, 03:04 PM
just add the graph

stamford
17-07-10, 07:47 PM
Glad it went well. Graph looks erratic on the way up. Looks nothing like mine.

roverdave81
17-07-10, 08:43 PM
was told by some 1 on another forum my vis motors dont work by the look of they graph but they were check when i had the belt changed and are workin fine so dont know but it faster and smoother than ever

roverdave81
17-07-10, 09:15 PM
stamford can you post a pic of your graph so i can see it to mine ive try to look at youe on another thread but wont allow me cheers dave

stamford
19-07-10, 12:05 PM
Hard to say for certain, but considering the two drops on the curve looks to me as if both vis are working but a tad bit lazy in actuation speed. The motors used are not exactly quality components so there will always be a question regarding tolerance and speed. The torque graph is the strange one, maybe we are reading too much into it due to the scale of the increments and it's visual look, but in comparison it does look odd. Can't put my finger on it. As long as you are happy then why worry?

roverdave81
19-07-10, 12:34 PM
well im more than happy as its made the zs so much better to drive and the guy in the new civic type R was shocked when i did him off the lights on sunday as was i
plus im hope to get A VIS indicator kit from zs jaywhen he makes them up so that will give me a better idea of how they are workin

MG6Turbo
19-07-10, 02:10 PM
The graph is scaled oddly but still it isnt right.

I believe you are right in what you say about the actuation speed stamford, but it could be a plenum issue with a sticky arm.

The mil lights again dont tell the whole truth, as it only shows motor function not plenum function.

Sheddist has now devised a new operating arm for the plenum, so this should cure the rattling plenum issues now.

George

roverdave81
19-07-10, 03:27 PM
well i plan on gettin a modified inlet of sheddist along with two new vis motors as then this will put an end to any probs if their for gud and will only increase the torque out put so will be a win win for me

MG6Turbo
19-07-10, 05:05 PM
I wouldnt call it a win win, its just getting the car to produce the goods as it should.

You may lose sustained torque, but gain some more power.

Horses for courses.

G