PDA

View Full Version : Jet petrol stations

mattie007
23-07-10, 09:23 PM
Ive been using these alot lately as there quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else. However, ive been told by quite a few people that its poor quality stuff and there were loads of problems with it a few years back. Is that true?!

petet16
23-07-10, 09:30 PM
I doubt it's any poorer than any other petrol, I don't think any refinerys make special rubbish petrol, lol.

I've never heard of any problems with it, the only petrol I recall causing problems was Formula Shell, but that was in the 1980s.

Alan.F
23-07-10, 10:00 PM
Tesco had a problem a while back i seem to remember

Ritchy
24-07-10, 08:15 AM
possible doesnt have the same additives as shell ect

peterzs
24-07-10, 11:28 AM
I always thought the refinaries just made the petrol to 95 Ron or 98 Ron or Derv and the tankers just filled up, Jet, Merco, Esso, etc.

Suppose they can add additivies when they fill the tankers and mix it with the fuel, or not.

Anybody near Fawley, have to note what tankers go in to fill up.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

daytona365
24-07-10, 11:50 AM
The brands add extra things. The shell additive back in the '80 disagreed with Vauxhalls, and the Tesco problem messed up Ford Galaxy's, we had 7 in our garage. The fuel was contaminated, and the injectors on Galaxies are so fine, they blocked up. Fuel injection pump and new injectors, fuel lines and filter replacement. Cost each vehicle was about ?800!