PDA

View Full Version : ............................ Monster ripper

Simon's ZS-120
07-08-10, 07:11 PM
well since i stoped drinking large amounts of alchole i have come across this drink and it tastes so good and gives me loads of energy shame my car cant run on it as i think it would be like me a rocket

32mg of caffine to every 100ml and its a 500ml can raaaaaaaaaaaa lol

StragglaSteve
07-08-10, 07:24 PM
LOL only just discoverred monster?

dude try Lucozade Alert!

full of caffine with none of that crappy taurine!

taurine calms you down... kinda **** having that with caffine ;)

Simon's ZS-120
07-08-10, 07:27 PM
lol im so use to monster takes about 6 cans to get me going and that alert stuff is crap had like loads on the way back from yorkshire and it dont work with me

haGGard
08-08-10, 06:30 AM
6 cans of monster?? Surely thats not good for anyone lol.

Simon's ZS-120
08-08-10, 06:48 AM
its not good at all as i still aint been to sleep yet lol been on battle field all night but on the upsides my reactions have been amazing so gotta alot of head shots and moving kills downside again is i got work at 10 woooooooooops

Maxxed_Ross
08-08-10, 06:50 AM
Monster ripper is the dogs! I live on the stuff!

Simon's ZS-120
08-08-10, 07:04 AM
Monster ripper is the dogs! I live on the stuff!

its my water lol cant live without it :clap2:

Marky Mark
08-08-10, 11:27 AM
I used to be hooked on the Tesco cheap Kick energy drink. Used to sink a bottle during my workout at the gym, did give me the edge but that continued for the rest of the day!! Lots of sleepness nights as well! lol

Can't stand the smell of the stuff now, but I do like the occasional can of berry Relentless.

I have been through detox and have to say i'm now off the source! :smile2:

Yampiedog
08-08-10, 11:35 AM
Can't beat a good nights sleep.

Supercharged_Z
08-08-10, 11:54 AM
a few years ago my life wouldnt function without redbull, every morning i would buy two tins and drink them before work, if i diddnt then i was not awake for most of the day..

i have the same addiction but its now coffee... i need coffee within 20 mins of waking up or my day is doomed... lol

i am keen on monster ripper though, probably have 3 tins a week

Maxxed_Ross
08-08-10, 11:57 AM
That new Rockstar in the yellow can is quite nice. It's a bit easier to drink lots of it!

I find I can only drink half a can of Monster at a time and have to go back to it later

Jay-ZS+
08-08-10, 12:08 PM
Anyone tries hype MPF, I think it is, comes in a carbonfiber looking can, that's quite nice. I seem to live off coffee, red bull and pro plus at times. To the point where the caffine shakes kick in. Although it takes it toll and will often take a week to catch up if vie been really busy, joys of uni, 2 jobs and hectic social life! Not enough hours in the day

grimmy
08-08-10, 01:11 PM
Was at work one day feeling knackered and decided at lunchtime to destroy a full half litre can of rockstar to get me going in the afternoon but during lunch it started hammering down outside raining us off work I sat all afternoon rattling and fidgeting full of energy and nothing to do with it that stuff is mental

Maxxed_Ross
08-08-10, 04:41 PM
Go fast is good if you just want a quick kick that doesn't last all afternoon

Simon's ZS-120
08-08-10, 10:41 PM
just finished work and i feel so drained but wanna play battle field so just got a ripper out and enjoy some of the night

Ritchy
08-08-10, 10:57 PM
theee last thing i need is energy drinks am always full of energy, tbh they never seem to have an effect on me anyways

Simon's ZS-120
08-08-10, 11:51 PM
theee last thing i need is energy drinks am always full of energy, tbh they never seem to have an effect on me anyways

yeah red bull goes through me like a hot knife through butter but this monster stuff sends me on a buzz light year misson lol

stamford
09-08-10, 07:25 AM
This stuff sounds addictive, glad I haven't felt the need. Coffee will do me just fine.

Maxxed_Ross
09-08-10, 08:26 AM
I manage two weeks away without it so it can't be that bad

Jem
09-08-10, 09:46 AM
IMO Engery drinks=Very bad for your body.

Simon's ZS-120
09-08-10, 10:26 AM
IMO Engery drinks=Very bad for your body.

well it replaced the need of monday night drinking for me plus with my new job im doing 72 hour weeks and just need that boost to get me through a 35 hour shift so this helps alot and i love the taste of the ripper

grimmy
09-08-10, 10:50 AM
these energy drinks are indeed bad for you given the massive amounts of caffeine and that can be addictive,but i am guessing most of this country is addicted to the stuff i am the same as supercharged z but it is tea not coffe that is my fix of choice,For rme its like most thing to much of anything is bad for you,Caffeine, fatty foods,alcohol etc its all about moderation,Energy drinks do a job to get you going but it is definatley not a long term solution to being knackered all the time.Think i willl go to the shop now right enough.

SticklesMickles
10-08-10, 06:59 AM
When i started my business 6 years ago, i was doing 70 hour weeks for the first 2 years, with only 4 days off per year.

You dont really need energy drinks, just do some decent weight training to keep your mind clear IMHO.

And as for taurine being crap, that stuff is like a miracle cure for the body according to wikipedia.

The only time i ever really used energy drinks and pro plus/coffee, was in my last job (before i started my own) when i was doing rotating dayshifts/nightshifts and physically could not stay awake after 3am without them, i fell asleep once while standing up pmsl.

Simon's ZS-120
10-08-10, 09:43 AM
i work alot of shift work and im doing 72 hour weeks and alot of my shifts consit of working for 25 hours a go but i sleep at work but when i sleep at work i dont sleep well so need the boost to keep me going as im on a double with sleep in next week its going to be insane

haGGard
10-08-10, 06:45 PM
If your not sleeping well its probably the quantity of energy drinks your consuming. If your body is physically knackered like you say, you will sleep.

Bobdope2002
10-08-10, 07:19 PM
Since i joined the Gym I Dont sleep that much anymore mebbe 5-6 hours at most

Feels good to wake up in the morning and be wide awake straight away

although i have gotta admit ive had those monstor drinks today and yesterday and after id had a can i felt like id just taken an ecstasy pill i was hyper as hell and i cud feel myself trying to burst out in laughter for no reason

p_b82
10-08-10, 07:41 PM
well to throw my 2p at the conversation,

those energy drinks are horrifically bad for you in terms of the caffeine hit you are taking, and just look at the amount of sugar in most of them... personally i can't stand the stuff, and i am not surprised when you quote drinking the volume you do that you dont sleep well.

I am what is known as a 'bad sleeper' a good night for me is 4-5hours straight sleep, usually it is only 3 hours at a pop. until my body gets to the point of shutting down, this is the endless loop i am perpetually in. exercise makes ****** all difference either.

i can drink coffee quite happily, but any of those drinks with caffeine give me the shakes pretty quickly... i am sure it is the combination of stuff in them...

Jay-ZS+
10-08-10, 07:47 PM
well to throw my 2p at the conversation,

those energy drinks are horrifically bad for you in terms of the caffeine hit you are taking, and just look at the amount of sugar in most of them... personally i can't stand the stuff, and i am not surprised when you quote drinking the volume you do that you dont sleep well.

That may be my problem I struggle to get to sleep before 2-3 most nights.

Simon's ZS-120
10-08-10, 10:51 PM
i can normally sleep better after a can of monster but when looking after children 24 hours a day you need that extra boost to keep you going

Simon's ZS-120
14-08-10, 07:44 AM
ust tried the monster lo-carb energy drink and it tastes so under powerd lol no kick dont by it stick to the ripper

Smokie
14-08-10, 08:28 AM
i work alot of shift work and im doing 72 hour weeks and alot of my shifts consit of working for 25 hours a go but i sleep at work but when i sleep at work i dont sleep well so need the boost to keep me going as im on a double with sleep in next week its going to be insane

I am pretty sure that working 25 hrs straight is against the law unless you are working for yourself. there is a lot of rules about how many hours you can work a day and how much time off between shifts as well, if your employer is not adhereing to them then they can get into a lot of trouble especially if you have an accident at work.

Huffy
14-08-10, 10:18 AM
PG Tips! for me,I hate coffee, and not overly fond of the energy drinks, mind you i don't need help staying awake, my 7 month old daughter dose a fine job of that for me! lol