PDA

View Full Version : ZS 180 Pricing.

bLuE_UK
11-08-10, 12:12 PM
Hi folks,

Not exactly how I pictured my next post on here but it seems my hand has finally been forced.

Over the past couple of months I?ve been thinking whether or not I can keep the ZS, I have finally reached the decision that it?s just not going happen, gutted doesn't even come close.

Short and the sweet of it: Small prang in a car park (speed not even registering on Speedo) in April, insurance were arses and wouldn't even consider fighting my corner without cctv or a witness (premiums well spent there....) as a result of this I lose my ncbs and will now have a fault claim against me for around 780 quid, a laughable amount considering the damage to the other car was a small dent and I didn't even claim for the chipped paint on my bumper.

Renewal is due in September and after running some quick quotes to try and get a ball park figure I?m looking at around 3.2 - 3.6k (tpft or Comp). This just isn't going to happen as its well in excess of the cars value. I was toying with the idea of just taking the hit as I really do enjoy the car and don't like the idea of having to get rid but after much mulling have finally saw sense.

I have been looking around on pistonheads and autotrader but I struggle to get an idea for prices on there as they seem to vary massively for no reason in particular. I was therefore wondering if you chaps would be able to give me some idea of pricing.

03 Trophy Blue ZS 180
56789 miles
FSH
Cambelt and tensioners replaced Sept 09 when I bought it
Just had a full service including brake fluid and gearbox oil
Tax until end of Oct 2010
MOT runs out Sept 15th 2010
2 new wheel bearings
Warranty with Warranty Direct until Feb 2011
Wheels powder coated in white
Pioneer head unit that I may leave in the car.
SS Back box

Bad points
Wear on drivers side bolster
Some car park dings
2 dents in drivers door (looking to get these removed as we speak so shouldn't be an issue come sale time)
Chipped paint on front bumper from prang, some scuffs on rear bumper.

I am also currently thinking about what I intend to do regarding the bumpers, I was intending to get it all re-sprayed and was quoted 290 odd pounds for this but unsure if I would see this reflected in the sales price or not.
Another thought is putting it through an MOT as I have no doubt it'll fly through without issues and a years ticket will be a lot more appealing to potential buyers.

Does anyone have any idea the price I could expect to see in a private sale with the bumper issues sorted and without?

Any help with this is much appreciated. One a side note I just read this all back and now feel even worse about having to sell up.

Thanks,

Martin.

stamford
11-08-10, 12:36 PM
With a short MOT you will get hammered down. With 12 months and immaculate condition may see around ?2k min. With bodywork not done expect around ?1600/1700 perhaps. The problem is we all know the cars are worth more than their current market values dictates but there lies the issue, the market dictates the prices. There are too many cheap 180s out there now making life difficult for those selling a clean and tidy one, especially a mk1.

Dan1971
11-08-10, 03:32 PM
I'd give you ?1800 for it against my focus.......;)

I reckon as it stands mate ?1500 private sale as mechanically it's all good with the belts having been done. But, as Stamford says - there are loads out there at the moment.

Southside_ZS
11-08-10, 05:30 PM
I struggled to get ?1500 for my 52 plate with 36k and 12months mot. Monogram colour to. Belt's hadn't been done on mine though.

big_wasa
04-09-10, 09:42 PM
I was looking at selling mine 180's are fetching ****** all. I think I will keep it :shoot:

roverdave81
04-09-10, 09:53 PM
its a mad old world when it comes to the price of a zs180
and garage near to me have js sold a 51 reg saloon 180 75k 6mot 6tax in tb hand even had the belt / water pump done got ?3150 for cos a mate who works there told me
but you see all the time one come up lower miles on 52 53 reg for 1400 to 1800 with belt water done and fsh
i would price it at ?2395 with a good add and get the bumper cleaned up and see if you get any takers good look with the sale

bLuE_UK
04-09-10, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the pricing tips folks, however I am once again a happy chappy. After much ringing around I have managed to get insurance after all (many thanks Adrian flux). I can now continue with touching up the car without letting someone else have the pleasure of enjoying it. So chuffed that I get to keep the car :D