PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 with RROD

Smokey
14-08-10, 02:18 PM
For sale at a good price.

White Xbox 360 with 20GB HDD.
One white controller
Will chuck in SEGA Superstars Tennis since I have 2 copies!

Basically, this XBox was fixed by me about 8 months ago (posted about it before).

It suffered RROD E74. I bought the fix kit off eBay and it was working for about 4 months.

It then returned with the same error so probably just need to loosen the screws on the clamps but to be perfectly honest, I cant be bothered opening it again and fiddling!

It sits in the cupboard in its box (slightly torn) and does nothing.

Can put up pics but everyone knows what they look like, is in good nick albeit the usb cover is off (dodgy spring) which is only part of the face plate.

Am open to sensible offers but they seem to go for around ?50-70 on the Bay of e.

Thanks.

Supercharged_Z
14-08-10, 03:09 PM
worth not a lot now a days mate... gamestation only give ?20 quid cash for a working 20 gig model lol

Smokey
14-08-10, 03:33 PM
do you bend over first for that one?!?!

I'd probably accept ?40 plus p+p to be honest.

Jay-ZS+
14-08-10, 11:58 PM
Did you use some sort of heat compound like articsilver on it?

Smokey
15-08-10, 07:07 AM
Yeah it came with it (and can supply more lol)

I followed the instructions to the letter and to be faor it worked first time when I did it but obviously something has happened for the same thing to occur!

Smokie
15-08-10, 08:59 AM
i am really tempted as i would love to get in on this racing series that you guys do. is it a hard fix? will i need to buy anything else to get it sorted?

Smokey
15-08-10, 09:03 AM
I can supply the screw drivers and the last of the compound if I can find them. If not you would need them which is not expensive.

In my opinion and jay can comment as the expert, it probably needs opened, heatsinks removed, compound spread on it and reassembled.

I would if I could be bothered but as I say, I don't need or use it so happy to sell it

Jay-ZS+
15-08-10, 10:38 AM
i am really tempted as i would love to get in on this racing series that you guys do. is it a hard fix? will i need to buy anything else to get it sorted?

Yer chances are the bolts need tweeking half a turn or so. If anyone is worried about taking the 360 apart there are a few tools on ebay that help, I can get an xbox apart in about 2 minutes now although repaired a few! lol http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-Unlock-Tool-Kit-Opening-Case-X-Clamp-RROD-/130416304091?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories _VideoGameAccessories_JN

Believe Ive also got a decent guide on my laptop I can email if it helps :)

Smokey
15-08-10, 11:31 AM
Aye, email it mate, have stripped it again and tried to fix it, going out so abandoned it atm with the E74 still showing!

If I fix it it will still be for sale :D

Smokey
15-08-10, 11:46 AM
It's working now!

Supercharged_Z
15-08-10, 02:04 PM
It's working now!

i new that post was comming!!!

Smokey
15-08-10, 03:19 PM
I got bored, what can I say!