PDA

View Full Version : How much!!!

Jay-ZS+
18-08-10, 04:01 PM
Been trying to insure the missus car today, her step dad has sorted out everything for her before but now the car is in her name she feels she should be the main driver....having been a named driver for the last 5 years :ninja:

So some how now I get dumped with the job of insuring it :slap:
Been on the getting online quotes and calling round today all and best I could get was ?721
All the places id normanlly try require at least 1yr ncb or are speciallist modified places.

Now its for a 59 plate suziki swift 1.3 shes 23 and 0ncb. Was ?990 until I added myself as a named driver but still ?700 for a 1.3 :yikes:

Its hardly like she a high risk driver the car barely gets about 4krpm :rofl:

p_b82
18-08-10, 05:48 PM
yeah is murder for the first few years...

my 1.3 belmot at the ripe old age of 18 cost ?1500 - car was worth maybe 500 if you were really lucky and found an 'enthusiast' who wanted one. slim to none i would give odds of that one :laugh:

mate of mine got the swift sport... 120bhp and it seems to be quite nippy.... tho slower than my car i would wager :)

caled
18-08-10, 05:52 PM
Try adding your/her mum as a named driver, that usually brings it down (also try taking yourself off if you add them, too).

Other than, even though the car is in her name, is she actually the main driver? If not, just insure as norm with her stepdad but make sure you go somewhere that gives the named drivers their own no claims.

Jay-ZS+
18-08-10, 06:05 PM
Trouble is her mum only passed her test this year plus now we live in Bristol I'm tring to persuade her it isn't wise that her step dad is the main driver when he lives an hour away!

p_b82
19-08-10, 10:34 AM
if the drivers are not close enough together that the car can easily be shared the insurance people see it as 'fronting' and if you have an accident would try to wheele out paying with that as the clause.

you tried quick fit - were dirt cheap for the GF comparired to any-one else.

Huffy
19-08-10, 11:42 AM
Sell the swift and buy a scirroco, mk2 get classic insurance and jirb done .... mine is insured at a measly sum of ?150 with a limit of 8k miles a year!! adding additional drivers increases the cost but not by much. my bro had 9 points at the age of 24 and they charged me ?75 to add him!

stamford
19-08-10, 12:28 PM
Out of interest who insures the Scirocco? My daughter is shopping about for new cover and classic cover is hard to find, according to her.