PDA

View Full Version : 180 brakes

Jay-ZS+
20-08-10, 06:17 PM
Ive got some brakes I took off the 180 yesterday,

Front: Calipers/carriers and Discs/ Pads

Rear: Calipers only (would need carriers and discs/pads for a 180 conversion)

The brakes are in full working order, could do with a clean and lick of paint but would scrub up well. If the price is right I may be tempted to paint them too :) )

These were off Dave mgt's car I fitted them to mine when I took the wilwoods off the discs and pads are in great condition and have loads of miles left in them. Believe they are OE pads and EBC discs.

Would be a great upgrade for the 110,120, Derv owners.

They are pretty heavy to post. Would prob be ?15 to post

Open to offers

Dave MGT
20-08-10, 06:46 PM
Does the pedal feel better now Jay?
Was just thinking if you have fitted new pads they will feel spongy for a while.
Dont need the torque wrench this weekend now so no rush.

These are genuine pads and ebc discs. I used genuine pads because they are better than the ebcs.

Jay-ZS+
20-08-10, 07:00 PM
Does the pedal feel better now Jay?
Was just thinking if you have fitted new pads they will feel spongy for a while.
Dont need the torque wrench this weekend now so no rush.

These are genuine pads and ebc discs. I used genuine pads because they are better than the ebcs.

Yer feels much better. The pads I got with the brembos had a little use and the rear pads are new. Will take alittle bedding in. With a second bleed got a fait amount of air out the system!!

Let me know about the wrench I will drop it over. Was a great help.
Ive added it to my list of tools to buy along with a blow torch and possibly impact driver. Got an air one at my parents house but thats no good to me here :(

Stephen
20-08-10, 07:16 PM
Tempteeed!!!!

Only would need the front though? cause i have drum rears, or if its possible to convert the rear aswell....

Stephen

Jay-ZS+
20-08-10, 07:22 PM
Tempteeed!!!!

Only would need the front though? cause i have drum rears, or if its possible to convert the rear aswell....

Stephen

Thats alright mate, Im sure its possible to convert the rears but will be a bigger job as you would need hubs and bits Id have thought, Richy will know for sure id have thought.

I'll chuck the rears on ebay if you only want the fronts.

Stephen
20-08-10, 07:58 PM
Il get back to you sometime tomorrow as its Paaaaaarrttaaaaaayyy timee! :D:D:D:D:D

Jay-ZS+
20-08-10, 07:59 PM
Il get back to you sometime tomorrow as its Paaaaaarrttaaaaaayyy timee! :D:D:D:D:D

Yer too right, happy birthday mate have a good night :D

Ritchy
20-08-10, 09:02 PM
been told you need a different abs modulator for the rear conversion, need different hubs as well, possible arms, i want to do it but not got round to it, tbh drums are great dont seize and work perfectly, just dont look as good

Jay-ZS+
20-08-10, 09:33 PM
been told you need a different abs modulator for the rear conversion, need different hubs as well, possible arms, i want to do it but not got round to it, tbh drums are great dont seize and work perfectly, just dont look as good

Sounds like alot of work!!!

Ritchy
20-08-10, 09:47 PM
well not sure about the abs side but actually changing hubs, arms isnt that much its just nuts and bolts end of the day

Jay-ZS+
01-09-10, 03:56 PM
Thought Id give these a bump, gf wants them out of our flat.

If no intrest they will be going on ebay. :)

ThumpJunkie
01-09-10, 06:56 PM
PM me a price posted please mate! :)

Supercharged_Z
01-09-10, 08:19 PM
put them on crx forums!!

they fetch around 100quid iirc

rears fetch around 60 quid with disks

Jay-ZS+
11-09-10, 04:08 PM
Now on ebay

Fronts: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260660575592

Rears: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260660578468&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

peterzs
11-09-10, 06:51 PM
Best of luck with the sale.

:wave::wave::wave:

Jay-ZS+
11-09-10, 07:42 PM
Ross are they a direct bolt on to the crx?

Supercharged_Z
11-09-10, 08:48 PM
as far as i know but might need some research.. i dont think they have to use any different adapters etc