PDA

View Full Version : gotta leak?!?!?

chevy_lou
25-08-10, 03:05 PM
i brought my first Zs yesterday and i noticed this morning that my passenger footwell is full of water, does anyone know what could be leaking or have any tips

Jay-ZS+
25-08-10, 03:12 PM
Has the car been sat for a while undriven, when I first got mine it had been sat for a while and suffered a damp issue. It soon dried out. The other thing you can check is that the drain holes arnt blocked causing a leak inside. If you take off the black plastic cover by the wipers and check the drain holes in either corner.

peterzs
25-08-10, 03:48 PM
Not had a new windscreen has it, if they arnt sealed could be a leak point.

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Ritchy
25-08-10, 04:45 PM
does it have a sunroof or anything? is the water clean or dirty, have you had the doorvard off at anypont may be eaking through the door curtain if its not sealed on prperly

Yampiedog
25-08-10, 04:45 PM
It could also be the air con drain pipe mis routed and leaking inside as opposed to outside the car.

petet16
25-08-10, 08:08 PM
My money would be on the heater intake behind the plastic panel at the base of the windscreen.

There is a spot welded lip under there which is not sealed, water comes in and soaks the pollen filter and drips into the passenger footwell, I've had the same problem with both my zs.

stamford
26-08-10, 09:04 AM
Might be worth checking all floor bungs, capillary action. I used to get flooded rear footwells in my old Firenza, was the roll cage footplate fixings causing it.

daytona365
26-08-10, 10:41 AM
My son pulled off the heater pipe, that runs behind the sound deadening felt, with his BIG feet. This dripped very slowly but enough to wet carpet.