PDA

View Full Version : short loved

nath86
27-08-10, 06:24 AM
I bought this last friday, a genuine 420 gsi turbo, its got t&t and its a lovely car and also very rare as most of you will know, As i said my zs was up for sale because of this tubby, but now the missis and i have talked (well the missis and she wont let me keep it :no:) i really dont wana let it go as it was so much fun driving it home and iv always wanted one since my last one 4 yrs back but looks like someone is coming sunday to pick it up :wavecry:
Tbh tho the zs is just as fun (handles alot better obviously) just not got the phsooowoooshh noise :fun:
Anyhow heres some pics. And what do you lot reckon its worth? (i did get it at a bargain price btw) passed its last mot with no advisorys :)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/nathpike/sunny.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/nathpike/roverturbonsr.jpg

petet16
27-08-10, 06:41 AM
They certainly are pretty rare, iirc there were about 400 built.

If it wasn't a genuine one it would be a useful donor for its engine and box.

I don't know what there worth these days, maybe 1k.

nath86
27-08-10, 08:02 AM
cheers pete, well this one has motbuild dv, full custom ss exhaust, koni adjustables, boost gauge and strut brace and some powerflex arb bushes and boost adjuster set to 12psi, the gearbox has been rebuilt with new steel caged bearings, has a few little niggly points like broken speedo cable some rust on arhes, oh and a new hg in march this year. I am letting it go for the price i bought it for but dont know weather to do the little points and sell it for more as i didnt pay very much for it at all. I know its rare but to break it would be criminal as they are very few and far between. My original idea was to have it as a sleeper toy for myself with ocasional track day and to really look after it and put some real tlc into her but the missis wont let me keep it :(

ZS
27-08-10, 08:04 AM
cheers pete, well this one has motbuild dv, full custom ss exhaust, koni adjustables, boost gauge and strut brace and some powerflex arb bushes and boost adjuster set to 12psi, the gearbox has been rebuilt with new steel caged bearings, has a few little niggly points like broken speedo cable some rust on arhes, oh and a new hg in march this year. I am letting it go for the price i bought it for but dont know weather to do the little points and sell it for more as i didnt pay very much for it at all. I know its rare but to break it would be criminal as they are very few and far between :(. My original idea was to have it as a sleeper toy for myself with ocasional track day and to really look after it and put some real tlc into her but the missis wont let me keep it :x

And its cheaper to Tax every year than a ZS180 (half the tax) :P