PDA

View Full Version : ZS180 hatch in solar red.

Boot Hill Bandit
29-08-10, 10:38 PM
Car has done 93k miles but belts have already been done as well as loads of other work (please read below) don't be put off by the higher mileage as it has had an engine change and runs silky smooth and no smoking. Recent oil service a month or so ago before I parked her up on the drive. Oil used is stuck on the underside of parcelshelf

It has air con, Red Monaco seats, 17" straight alloy wheels, front foglamps and a sunroof too. It also has Infinity Reference speakers front and back and a Sony CDX headunit too with MP3/MP4 socket under the gear gaitor out of sight, out of mind!

Just to mention the work that has been done to this car......

Engine change in 2007 along with a rebuilt PG1 Quaiffe ATB LSD gearbox (approx ?1500 spent including having it fitted), Janspeed exhaust manifolds (?500) and Piper cat back exhaust system (?400), Genuine MG Rover clutch, Genuine MG Rover belts and tensioner done and waterpump and thermostat, plenum (?500), air conditioning re gased!!!!!!!

Since then it has also had......... brand new seat covers fitted 6 months ago and the thick piled carpet cleaned and dyed black to make it look fresh and more up to date, one off custom gear gaitor, red Monogram steering wheel, Mintex brake pads and discs all round at Christmas 2009 (?150), Superflex polybushes all round (?900), Motobuild lowering springs (?140), 4 nearly new Yokohama Paradas, probably lots of other little bits I have forgotten about too.

This car is much loved by me..........I wouldn't say it is immaculate as it isn't. It is however in very good condition for age and no expense has been spared! I have put a lot of TLC into the car as well as money and I'm sure it is a complete bargain for peeps out there!

You won't find many other cars out there with all the work I have done to it for silly money.

I have removed the tax from the car as it was just ticking away sat on my drive. It does however have several months MOT left on her.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0975.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0976.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0977.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0980.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0973.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/INTERIORRESPRAY.jpg

Just to add, the signwriting has been removed without any issues and no fading signs........the picture of the silver dash and centre console was done very early on when I had the car........the seat covers are now brand new and the carpet no longer dirty and grey......it is black

?1200

Just to add that my MG ZT190+ in solar red is also for sale should you be looking!

andys1981
29-08-10, 10:44 PM
theres one for ye smokey!!

Supercharged_Z
29-08-10, 11:54 PM
give you 1k... can pay monday!

edit... oh thats today lol.. can pay today!

andys1981
30-08-10, 12:08 AM
its a bargain like! some folk really need glasses now a days lol! this is a lot of car for the money lol

Supercharged_Z
30-08-10, 12:11 AM
its a bargain like! some folk really need glasses now a days lol!

why?

andys1981
30-08-10, 12:13 AM
cos your getting a lot of car for the money?

Supercharged_Z
30-08-10, 12:16 AM
its a zs 180 that has been unreliable and rather ragged looking back through boot hills posts. yes its a lot of car but come with it is a lot of risk..

my offer still stands, but il stretch to no more

andys1981
30-08-10, 12:24 AM
if folk want a 180 why no just pay for it,if you know it has been unreliable why buy it?why try and haggle for a cheap motor off your zs buddys annoys me so it does!

Supercharged_Z
30-08-10, 08:30 AM
Because I have a budget to stick to. So I offered him the top of my budget.not that's any of your buisness

Dave ZS-X
30-08-10, 09:19 AM
struth jim i would have had this instantly had i not brought another car already.
I cant belive no'one has jumped on it, barring gtm's and possibly ross's it will run rings around all the other zs on here, folk dont know a good thing when they see it.
Your cars too cheap already so I would say ignore the silly offers, they are just looking to make a quick buck by breaking it for parts ....which of course you could still do.
Good luck
Dave

Maxfly
30-08-10, 09:48 AM
Here's the thing, yep folk can throw in a cheap offer see if anyone is desperate enough to get rid of their car and the buyer grabs a billy bargain. Post up this on a forum folk can see the nice low price and question it if they like thats the way the world rolls. Breaking this car would of course get the best return but personally i would like to see it stay whole but this depends if a buyer comes along who see's the car and it's parts for what they are really worth tbh.

As for reliability Personally this car has a greater chance of running at a greater reliability than most tbh due to the work it has had done in the past to remedy the poor reliability it used to suffer from. So looking at it it really is less of a risk tbh:)

Boot Hill Bandit
30-08-10, 10:03 AM
Here's the thing, yep folk can throw in a cheap offer see if anyone is desperate enough to get rid of their car and the buyer grabs a billy bargain. Post up this on a forum folk can see the nice low price and question it if they like thats the way the world rolls. Breaking this car would of course get the best return but personally i would like to see it stay whole but this depends if a buyer comes along who see's the car and it's parts for what they are really worth tbh.

As for reliability Personally this car has a greater chance of running at a greater reliability than most tbh due to the work it has had done in the past to remedy the poor reliability it used to suffer from. So looking at it it really is less of a risk tbh:)

Thanks for that dude I appreciate it! Yes indeed it has been unrelaible but all niggles have been fixed regardless often with genuine MG Rover parts or uprated parts not the cheaper pattern parts!

For the amount of work done on it I would genuinely be shocked if something went wrong in the near future.

Anyway..........as most have pointed out...........it is a bargain and I would like it gone to a good home. The lucky person who buys it won't be disappointed.

Supercharged_Z
30-08-10, 10:06 AM
struth jim i would have had this instantly had i not brought another car already.
I cant belive no'one has jumped on it, barring gtm's and possibly ross's it will run rings around all the other zs on here, folk dont know a good thing when they see it.
Your cars too cheap already so I would say ignore the silly offers, they are just looking to make a quick buck by breaking it for parts ....which of course you could still do.
Good luck
Dave

Dave you know nothing of my intentions and I would rather you diddnt try to guess them if you are going to get them so wrong. As per normal your commenting trying to make a stir. i have PM'd James with what i would use the car for somthing i diddnt really need to do untill you jumped in asuming you know all as usuall.

fastmike
30-08-10, 10:16 AM
This is a fantastic bargain..... run and looked after my an enthusiast , not just an owner, it has all the great mods done already...:wall:

Boot Hill Bandit
30-08-10, 10:59 AM
Provisionally sold to a good home :beer2:

Many thanks to you all people.........shame I have let it go for such a low price but I would sooner see it being used and enjoyed than sitting in a garage until my kids grow up.

peterzs
30-08-10, 11:25 AM
Hi Jim, glad/sorry its gone if you know what I mean.

Think youve done the right thing, only seem to deteriorate, unless its in a protected garage.

Hope your all doing well.

:devil::devil:

Bobdope2002
30-08-10, 11:35 AM
some1s got a bargain happy days

Boot Hill Bandit
30-08-10, 11:36 AM
Hi Jim, glad/sorry its gone if you know what I mean.

Think youve done the right thing, only seem to deteriorate, unless its in a protected garage.

Hope your all doing well.

:devil::devil:

yep all good here!

family doing great and all well :icecream:

if I can sell the ZT I may look at getting a ZS120 or ZT160.........got to say I love both cars except for the poor MPG!

Ritchy
30-08-10, 12:18 PM
glad it sold jim i appreciate the work that was put into it, someones got a good car for the price definatly