PDA

View Full Version : Just have one thing to say....

p_b82
01-09-10, 08:47 PM
..... I got my car back again :band:

It was as i was in :lovers:again :laugh:

:thumbsup::group::D:love::clap:

i forgot just how much i love this car by being away from it for a few weeks, it is just so effortless and manically fast at the same time.... This time i really dont plan on breaking it anytime soon (i hope i have not jinxed it)

Ps update in build thread tho so not all good :(

roverdave81
01-09-10, 08:59 PM
fook me with a 170bhp and 270ft-lb i bet you have had a few 180's in your rear view mirror

p_b82
01-09-10, 09:04 PM
i would like to think i would, but tbh the car has been off the road so much getting to this point i think it is real case of tortoise and hare :laugh:

when it is 100% there i think it would surprise a few people - it still got 220lbsft at 4000rpm, a good 40lbsft more than the peak of the 180 :)

roverdave81
01-09-10, 09:06 PM
whats the mpg like on it now with all these mods

Ritchy
01-09-10, 09:09 PM
good news:)

p_b82
01-09-10, 09:14 PM
at motorways speeds (outside lane) it still returns 45mpg.

the main factor is the right foot - if i use 50% throttle it is still quicker than most small engined ptrol cars with ease, it is when i use all that loud pedel i see the economy drop. Worst i ever saw was 36mpg.

Until i get the issues fixed i am going to limit myself to 75% throttle i think so should still get 40mpg out it :D

roverdave81
01-09-10, 09:27 PM
happy days i would be well happy with 36mpg in a diesel with that power all the time but to get 45mpg on a run makes it fookin great

i had my 180 remapped and set up by matt reidy and it changed the car it now got 200bhp and i get 25mpg round town and 33mpg on a run so looks like you win alround best of both world

p_b82
01-09-10, 09:39 PM
the best i have seen out it was 55mpg since it was tuned.. was about 60mph on a-roads.

Matt Reidy does know his stuff, he has rempped mine quite a few times - so many in fact the guys down in yeovil keep joking that i need to get a set of overals and work there :laugh:

peterzs
02-09-10, 10:33 AM
Glad its back. Happy or what.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jay-ZS+
02-09-10, 11:04 AM
Nice to hear its back, sounds like there is abit of head scratching going on in the next few weeks. Great to be back on the road hey! :)

p_b82
02-09-10, 01:18 PM
Yeah, have to say i am indeed a happy bunny...

thanks to the collective minds over on .org i think iam getting to a point where i can plan to start to get some bits together to fashion something.

will go with an external wastegate, as it can be boost controlled and i have already got a boost line plumbed in.

however it will need an adaptor to be fashioned to have the boost feed, and also to attach the wastegate itself.

then by using trial and error with some blanking plates with holes drilled in them eventually work out a way to limit the amount of gas that passes through the outlet.

When the diameter is worked out then i can look at a proper pipework solution.

Either leave it as a bling screamer pipe (with restriction via a plate) or just get some pipe work that is the right size and feed it into the downpipe with it's own flexi joint...

So ideally i need to find a machine shop\welder in the bristol area to manufacture a few bits for me...

and on a plus note i just dropped my clutch pedal to only be slightly higher than the brake with Mattieprice's little kit - bonus :D

Jay-ZS+
02-09-10, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a nice bit of development going on then, so real trial and error. :thumbsup:

p_b82
02-09-10, 03:36 PM
Yeah indeed - oh and the other bit of good news, is that the car passed the MOT this yaetr with only needing the fast pass test - had a reading of 0.95 iirc. that is 2 lower than last year as it was 2.95 then :D

only thing that is different are the injectors - and the car is kicking out more power than with them - so it proves to me that they are faulty slightly - either uneven flow, poor nozzle or one is just duff!