PDA

View Full Version : Side Lights!

Tony10
02-09-10, 10:16 AM
How hard is to to get into the passenger side light to replace the bulb! 30mins later I still can get in due to the battery fouling my way! My hands are just to big!!

Grr not easy at all!

Any tips? I was thinking removing the light

Yampiedog
02-09-10, 10:28 AM
I removed the bumper, that takes about 10-15 mins and then removed the light another couple of minutes and did it that way but that was on a Mk1. I'm not sure if you need to remove the bumper on a Mk2 to remove the headlight?

Ritchy
02-09-10, 10:28 AM
i dont know if its because the lower joints in my thumbs are double jointed but im really good at getting things like this, always end up getting shouted on at work to get stuff like that n my hands arent small

grimmy
02-09-10, 11:25 AM
Loosen the battery from the tray to give you a bit more space

Andyf
02-09-10, 11:34 AM
I took the battery out, makes it much easier. The first time I removed the headlight bulb to get better access to the side light then my mate broke the clip trying to get it back in! If I change the main beam bulb I have to wedge the clip behind the holder then try several hundred times to get it cliped in the other end without it popping out the other side!

Hambo-180
02-09-10, 11:52 AM
I took the battery out, makes it much easier. The first time I removed the headlight bulb to get better access to the side light then my mate broke the clip trying to get it back in! If I change the main beam bulb I have to wedge the clip behind the holder then try several hundred times to get it cliped in the other end without it popping out the other side!

I managed to change the bulbs a couple of times without taking the battery out but then decided i was fed up leaving the skin off the back of my hand on the battery so i took the battery out! Much easier!

Tommy
02-09-10, 12:07 PM
it was a bit tight but i managed to squeeze my hand in there...just, took 5-10 mins

Ritchy
02-09-10, 02:30 PM
honestly takes me about a minute to change my sidelight bulbs, if you think rovers are bad try likes of renaults or toyota avensis where the bumper has to come off to change any of the bulbs

Tony10
02-09-10, 02:44 PM
Well I did it! But tthe clip that holds the main beam light in place was the real pain it fell off as I was pushing the side light back in!

Getting that back on was a nightmare! I ended up removing the light unit to put this damd clip back in!

5min job to 1.5 hours!

I love cars! Lol! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

daytona365
02-09-10, 06:51 PM
I cheated. My g/f did mine, she got really slim fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!