PDA

View Full Version : Getting the front door cards off

haGGard
03-09-10, 11:14 AM
Never has any car i've put up such a fight! Im a but stuck now. I've done a few searches but not a lot of detail was in them. This is what i've been following

remove all the screws like before (1 in the door pull,2 in the handle,1 in the door card)
But don't pull from the bottom,start at one side & work your way around.
Don't forget the inner door pull slides to one side before coming out.Also be careful not to break the clip that holds the inner door pull to the bar.

I've got all the sides popped out, but it seems to be stuck near the pull handle in the middle. I dont want to pull too hard incase i break something. I cant really look behind the door card for this plastic clip because theres not much room to see.

All i want to do is replaced the popped speakers :(

Ritchy
03-09-10, 11:21 AM
theres screws in the door pull 2 of them and the actual handlle pushes towards the front of the car then pulls out, if its tight then probable still screws in it

be glad its not a megane

Andyf
03-09-10, 12:12 PM
hI did a 'how to' on another forum which may help you,

www.zscentral.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5225&sid=b6a63ec45976dce6720065d03c96e7d9

haGGard
03-09-10, 01:44 PM
After starting the thread i went back out and had another go, shortly realising i had left one of the screws in the main door handle, doh!

After that, it all wen't mostly smoothly, till it came to getting the door card back on which saw a bit of cursing!

That guide you posted there is very good actually. I didn't actually remove that plastic clip holding the rod onto the door pull. I just turned the door card 90 degrees (anti clockwise for the passenger door card, so i assume clockwise for the drivers) and then the whole door pull unit came through the door card with relative ease.

This is a classic case of having to try it for yourself to understand it. Before i started i was like...plastic clip?? screwdriver? push it to one side?? eh? But once you have a go yourself, all will be revealed, and now i've done the passenger door, i'm hopeing to get the drivers side done more easily.

Ritchy
03-09-10, 01:51 PM
jonbs are usually always easier the second time round:)

haGGard
03-09-10, 03:05 PM
Done the drivers door card now. When taking the door pull off i noticed that all 3 of the slide things had already been broken off (by a previous owner i presume) so it was only being held in by a screw. Also the plastic clip which connects the steel rod to the door handle has now broken. It was much more brittle than the passenger side! Didnt even force it. Does anybody know where i can get another one of these?