PDA

View Full Version : zs diesel bhp

tcr
09-09-10, 04:33 PM
what sort of max bhp can be achived from a zs diesel and what does it cost to get there ?

Jay-ZS+
09-09-10, 04:51 PM
If you havent already have a read of Petes thread, hes got 170bhp and 270lb/ft out of his. Cost him a fair amount although he has been the one to push the Lseries and alot has been learnt along the way. http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10401

p_b82
09-09-10, 05:11 PM
Prob the best person to answer this one...

unless you go VNT the best and most reliable you can look at is about 150bhp and 250lbsft. will only cost you about ?500 all told. new induction, full exhuast, up the boost fit SDI injectors and get it remapped.

If you want to go further, then you need to use a bigger turbo*, and possible get a custom exhaust manifold done, as well as clutch, gearbox, headstuds (possible), Front mount intercooler, optional larger injectors; as well as the things listed above. IF you can do the work yourself and are happy with used LSD's a cost might be summit like:
250-500 clutch, 300-600 lsd & gearbox, 300-600 FMIC, 250 for head studs, 500-600 new turbo (if non OE factor in custom brackets and downpipes etc 200) so for just parts a rough guide would be about ?1800 upwards, unless you can get things 2nd hand.

the bigger turbo needs to be either VNT - to allow quick spool and still aflow a lot top end - but you need to work out a way to control that
Or
Get an non VNT larger turbo that just bolts on but has much worse lag characteristics.

technically 200bhp should be possible from our fuel pumps with a vnt unit, but no-one has done it.

I have discovered the high EMP issue that has blown 2 head gaskets and as such no-one else is going down the hybrid turbo route based on the OE turbo.

HTH

Jay-ZS+
09-09-10, 05:18 PM
What have lunar/ vuncan racing done to theirs sure I read somewhere they had somehow pulled 230bhp out!!

p_b82
09-09-10, 05:31 PM
It is lunar racing rather than vlucan; and they arew working with Matt Reidy too....

They have not actually done anything yet, they 'think' they can get 230 bhp - but it is basically from what i have listed above. Big turbo, bigger injectors and a custom exhuast manifold as i understand it to be.

tcr
09-09-10, 08:05 PM
cool ,me and a mate were on about it thats all so i thought id ask you lot :mbounce:

p_b82
09-09-10, 08:26 PM
no worries...

when i first started on this, people were aying ti would be impossible to get above 150bhp.. and well that can be got on standard parts now (almost) :laugh:

tcr
09-09-10, 08:42 PM
hmm something to think about when the insurance comes up for renewal:greedy: