PDA

View Full Version : Gutted need new windscreen

ian zs180
15-09-10, 02:49 PM
Was driving to southport today and with all this bad wind its blown something into my screen dont know what it was but heard a loud bang and its put a 3 inch crack in the screen . Rang my insurance this afternoon and i,m getting a new screen fitted by autoglass tomorrow .I,ve had to pay ?50 excess which i could have done without but suppose gotta think myself lucky it didnt hit the bodywork i suppose . Anyway weather permitting there comin out to my house to do it but if its raining gotta drive down to warrington and there gona do it in there workshop so should be all ok again tomorrow

Bobdope2002
15-09-10, 02:51 PM
Was driving to southport today and with all this bad wind its blown something into my screen dont know what it was but heard a loud bang and its put a 3 inch crack in the screen . Rang my insurance this afternoon and i,m getting a new screen fitted by autoglass tomorrow .I,ve had to pay ?50 excess which i could have done without but suppose gotta think myself lucky it didnt hit the bodywork i suppose . Anyway weather permitting there comin out to my house to do it but if its raining gotta drive down to warrington and there gona do it in there workshop so should be all ok again tomorrow

thought you didnt have to pay an excess with autoglass

Jay-ZS+
15-09-10, 03:05 PM
thought you didnt have to pay an excess with autoglass

believe thats if they repair it, when replaced you have to pay.

ian zs180
15-09-10, 03:59 PM
Yeah thats right if you have a repair you dont need to pay but to replace the screen it depends what your access is on your insurance mine happens to be ?50 . Wonder how much the screen would be if you were to just pay out yourself and not go though the insurance . They do say though that it doesnt affect your ncb if your claiming on a windscreen