PDA

View Full Version : carbon wrapped wing & exhaust fitted

l18mnb
18-09-10, 06:28 PM
been busy the last two days, wrapped the centre section of my rear wing and fitted the new decat, and stainless system today. 'supercharged z'/ross, thanks for the zorst looks soooo much better and sounds sweet, annoying thing of the day tho is that my rear os tyre has one huge bulge on the inside, god damn potholes!!!!!

Jay-ZS+
18-09-10, 07:07 PM
Spoiler looks good where did you get the vinyl from?

l18mnb
18-09-10, 07:13 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628754037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

not too bad to fit either, sticks well!!

Steves Cleenz
18-09-10, 09:35 PM
love it, like the No. plate to :)

stamford
18-09-10, 10:36 PM
Looks very nice, the spoiler mod suits it. Yea loving the plate.

coreygraham180
18-09-10, 11:25 PM
Spoiler look really good and I am a fan of the yellow

Andyf
19-09-10, 10:45 AM
The spoiler looks brilliant, I thought about doing that to mine but thought it would be too hard to do.

Jay-ZS+
19-09-10, 11:28 AM
The spoiler looks brilliant, I thought about doing that to mine but thought it would be too hard to do.

Will be nothing compared to tinting a rear window :clap:

l18mnb did you use just one sheet of the carbon fibre, Im thinking about doing one using real carbon fibre and replicating the xpower ones but its alot of hassle, might try this first! :)

l18mnb
19-09-10, 01:34 PM
yes i used one sheet of 600mm x 1200 mm, plenty todo the rear spoiler. its unbelieveable how much you can stretch it when you use the heat gun!! i looked into relpacing it with real carbon fibre but got told the mould alone would cost ?300 to make so thought id try the cheaper option, ive got two more bits coming so i can do the yellow parts of the mirrors then thats the lot no more carbon effect!!

Maxxed_Ross
19-09-10, 02:21 PM
Im thinking about doing one using real carbon fibre and replicating the xpower ones but its alot of hassle, might try this first! :)

It can be done but as you say is extremely hard to get right, the last one I saw was starting to delaminate from the centre of the wing due to temperature expansion differences

Nice as it is to have the real stuff, wrapping is probably the way to go unless you know how the stuff works

Dan1971
19-09-10, 02:50 PM
Looks really good mate .... :thumbsup:

JIMZS180
19-09-10, 06:17 PM
looks great on the yellow, i had already ordered some to do the centre section of my spoiler, wont be near as striking a difference tho'......anthracite with black against your yellow!!!! well done m8

Murray
19-09-10, 08:27 PM
I'm liking it too.

Not too over the top.

Ritchy
19-09-10, 10:53 PM
looks brilliant!, tint the windows to match?:D

Maxfly
20-09-10, 08:51 AM
looking mighty fine there, I like it :D

peterzs
20-09-10, 09:55 AM
Looks good, my spoiler looks like it had only a couple of coats of paint, looks more lemon, than yellow. Could be the way to go if it gets worse.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Marky Mark
20-09-10, 12:16 PM
Looks good, my spoiler looks like it had only a couple of coats of paint, looks more lemon, than yellow. Could be the way to go if it gets worse.

Don't fancy respraying your spoiler yourself then Pete?

Has the paint faded in the sun?

You should be able to bring it back to life with something like autoglym paint renovator, followed by autoglym super resin polish, just an idea. :thumbsup:

peterzs
20-09-10, 12:42 PM
Don't fancy respraying your spoiler yourself then Pete?

Has the paint faded in the sun?

You should be able to bring it back to life with something like autoglym paint renovator, followed by autoglym super resrimerin polish, just an idea. :thumbsup:

Hi Mark, even had the magic touch of Steeve, comes back up but you can see there is no depth to the paint. On the supports one of the corners looks like its almost back to the primer.

Suspect it will come to a respray, I've used a touch up pen, but the colour match on that is pretty awful. So would wonder what the match would be like using new paint.

Yep, I reckon its the sun, the spoiler and rear bumper look almost lemon.

I did respray my first Midget, dont think I'd trust myself now, normally ends up with runs when I use the cans!!!!

Marky Mark
20-09-10, 12:50 PM
Hi Mark, even had the magic touch of Steeve, comes back up but you can see there is no depth to the paint. On the supports one of the corners looks like its almost back to the primer.

Suspect it will come to a respray, I've used a touch up pen, but the colour match on that is pretty awful. So would wonder what the match would be like using new paint.

Yep, I reckon its the sun, the spoiler and rear bumper look almost lemon.

I did respray my first Midget, dont think I'd trust myself now, normally ends up with runs when I use the cans!!!!

Hi Pete, lol, I guess it is always best to pay a spray shop to do a perfect job when it comes to spraying your car!

I shouldn't think a respray for the spoiler and bumper would be too much?

But then carbon is way much cheaper, think it would look good on your zs. :clap::clap::clap:

peterzs
20-09-10, 04:41 PM
Tempting, think it looks great on l18mnb's car.

:clap::clap::clap:

MG 53 ZED
21-09-10, 06:32 AM
:jump:

That's lush, go for the tinted windows to match.

Andyf
21-09-10, 01:14 PM
Will be nothing compared to tinting a rear window :clap:

l18mnb did you use just one sheet of the carbon fibre, Im thinking about doing one using real carbon fibre and replicating the xpower ones but its alot of hassle, might try this first! :)

I'll have to watch some Youtube videos and see what's involved. The problem is if I mess it up it's ?26 down the drain, the window film was less than a tenner!

Do it Pete, it would look awesome!