PDA

View Full Version : My 4th MG (Pic Heavy)

deano ZS180
24-09-10, 04:45 PM
Keeping things MG related is hard!!!! :dumbells:

Most of you guys are aware i started of with a MK2 ZR 105+

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/deano-zr105/Copy_of_140520081458.jpg

And then moved on to a MK2 ZS180 (which i still miss badly!!!)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/deano-zr105/DSC00815.jpg

Then jumped back into a MK2 ZR 105 (Cause of fuel bills and insurance)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/deano-zr105/386891267_FB.jpg

And then realised how dam good that V6 sounded, i couldn't resist!!!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/deano-zr105/GetAttachmentzs3aspx.jpg

Moral of the story, MG offers great smiles per mile and can't be beaten for the money they cost!

lawrence-zs180
24-09-10, 04:50 PM
thats some nice cars you have had dude and yea I would have to agree about the smile pre mile factor

peterzs
24-09-10, 05:05 PM
thats some nice cars you have had dude and yea I would have to agree about the smile pre mile factor

Agree with that, also MG's are such good value for money, I know some of the guys who have had theirs for some time have seen the values dropping, but for us lucky ones who have had them for 2 or 3 years and have had the fun and can still get nearly as much back as we paid.

:yes::yes::yes:

stamford
24-09-10, 05:11 PM
Yes I am in that category Pete, paid a fair few pennies for it in 2005, not worth much but then again I am not worried either.

daytona365
24-09-10, 05:50 PM
Agree with that, also MG's are such good value for money, I know some of the guys who have had theirs for some time have seen the values dropping, but for us lucky ones who have had them for 2 or 3 years and have had the fun and can still get nearly as much back as we paid.

:yes::yes::yes:

Agree with first part...........Mega value now, and so much FUN............Dotn care about second statement, cos I aint selling mine...........:tease:

peterzs
24-09-10, 06:41 PM
Agree with first part...........Mega value now, and so much FUN............Dotn care about second statement, cos I aint selling mine...........:tease:

Nor me, seems most that do sell, cant wait to get back in one.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ritchy
24-09-10, 10:38 PM
i like your new one mk1 really looks nice in silver

ian zs180
25-09-10, 07:35 AM
I,m liking them all like others have said you just cant beat the mg,s for value for money well thats if your in the market to buy one not so good if you wanna sell one but that wont affect me because i,m gona keep my mg for many years to come

Stuartamc
25-09-10, 10:42 AM
Why are they so cheap now?! I honestly don't get it. My mum has an MG ZS 180 02 plate and it seems to be worth pennies. Yet to me it seems barely different from the day she bought it. Reliable and great fun, and different from everyone else. Is it people are worried MG aren't around anymore and that hit the values?! In my youth round about 2k got you a bit of a shed!

peterzs
25-09-10, 11:09 AM
When I first started work, many years ago, I was at Stringers, BMC garage, in Bournemouth, one of my mates was a fitter, said buy up all the SS Jags you can and park them up.

You could get them for ?25, they were the ones with the big chrome headlights. Petrol had just gone up and they were heavy on the gas.

I laughed and bought his Sunbeam Talbot Mk2 and thought no more about it. Other day, saw a basket case SS go for mega bucks.

Thats what I reckon will happen to the ZS, ZR and the ZT's as they become rarer, after being written off for falling off a kerb.

We know they are great cars, now do I fill the garden up with MK1 or 2's???

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Stuartamc
25-09-10, 11:15 AM
Wish I'd done that with Renault 5 GT turbos. There's so little left that are unmodified that they now fetch around ?3k now. You could pick them up for a grand or less before, doh! As you say tho, where would you put them..? London's not the place for three cars without a driveway!